Homemade compact tractor sun shade

/ Homemade compact tractor sun shade #1  

Piper Pacer

Tractor
Ford 1700
All, I have a Ford 1700 and was wondering if anyone has ever built a homemade sunshade for their tractor?

Thanks....

/ Homemade compact tractor sun shade #2  
Of course, this one takes a beating to!! Simple 16ga square tubing frame and 1/2" ply. Drilled and tapped mounting holes in the top of the rops, using the rops bolt for the support arm.

Attachments

• ropscovertractor.JPG
    ropscovertractor.JPG
    230.5 KB · Views: 2,123
  • cover09.JPG
    cover09.JPG
    62.5 KB · Views: 4,313
  • cover07.JPG
    cover07.JPG
    68.2 KB · Views: 3,196
  • cover08.JPG
    cover08.JPG
    63.2 KB · Views: 2,782
   / Homemade compact tractor sun shade #3  
Way to go! Just don't drive under any low limbs:eek:,been there.

/ Homemade compact tractor sun shade #4  
Way to go! Just don't drive under any low limbs:eek:,been there.

:D Just under the height of the rops. But this one is pretty strong, if I'm going through the woods slowly, it'll stop the little tractor. The other day I caught a limb gong a little faster, it bend one of the supports and angles the top down. Couple wacks with the 6 pounder and it was as good as new!! Lets see a tufftop do that!!

/ Homemade compact tractor sun shade
That looks great but I don't even have the role bar looking attachment or overhead bar to attach a sunshade too. I would have to purchase or bend one to fit.

/ Homemade compact tractor sun shade #6  
For years I never had a tractor with a ROPS. Then my "helper" borrowed my little Bota and slowly rolled it onto its loader frame while trying to carry a rock over uneven ground. When I arrived he was just changing his drawers....My next tractor came with a ROPS. Now it has a 1/2" plywood sun/rain/snow roof. This roof holds the radio,speakers, front and rear driving lights, cigar lighter/power outlet etc. The rear is clamped to the ROPS and the front is supported by two uprights bolted to the loader frame.
These uprights are in just the right place to grab when climbing onto the tractor and have the light and radio switches mounted one above the other on the left hand one. This winter I hope to hang a piece of lexan between them for snow plowing

/ Homemade compact tractor sun shade #7  
Without the ROPS I don't know what you can, Patio umbrella? Not trying to be funny but I've seen it before and thought about doing it myself.
Then the big decision, what pattern on the umbrella JK :)

/ Homemade compact tractor sun shade #8  
All, I have a Ford 1700 and was wondering if anyone has ever built a homemade sunshade for their tractor?

Thanks....

You may find what you want here.

SUN SHADES - Agri Supply

Good company and will stand behind what they sell. No I don't work for them but have done business with them for years.

A couple of years ago someone asked for a low cost option for top and laughed when I suggested plywood. I have to let him know there are others who realize plywood is versatile and durable if you use the right type. :)

/ Homemade compact tractor sun shade #9  
Here's my shade cover. Frame made out of 1/2" EMT with UV sun screen on top. It doesn't rain here so no need to have anything solid.:D

Attachments

• carryall at half dump position.jpg
    carryall at half dump position.jpg
    896.7 KB · Views: 7,017
   / Homemade compact tractor sun shade #10  
Nice sunshade, great looking tractor and beautiful view, but what do you mean it doesn't rain there? man I'm in the waterproofing business, I would starve.
JB.