using 2x8x16 cylinders.
Trying to get this done with 2 cylinders, 1 to lift and 1 to dump,
hoping to handle 500# max

thanks for any guidance :D

IMG_00472.JPG

IMG_00672.JPG

IMG_00682.JPG

/ HomeMade Garden Tractor Scoop #3  
Never mind, the DSL must be slow this morning, The scoop looks to me like it should work just fine.

/ HomeMade Garden Tractor Scoop #4  
I think you are about to overload the front axle and also have severe steering problems. You are putting the lift capacity of a 4wd subcompact tractor on a lawn tractor. I can't imagine you will be satisfied with the result. A very lightweight front attachment that uses a single cylinder and a trip bucket for 200 lb gross weight would be all I would even consider. I think your empty bucket and frame is going to weigh over 200 lb and if your front axle holds up, your rear tires will be losing too much traction. It's a great mechanical project, but not very practical in my opinion. I hope I'm wrong, but I just can't see a lot of success coming at the end of your project. Sorry:(

/ HomeMade Garden Tractor Scoop #5  
I would just try to keep it as light as possible and not work it too hard. The design looks good but as already suggested may possibly be hard on the front end. Stay as light as you can and avoid heavy loads and it may work out fine.
Nice work so far!

/ HomeMade Garden Tractor Scoop
ouch............
my bucket weighs 99.9 #
I think i will weigh in around 200#
I seen more suitcase weight on one than that.
adding ballast to the rear will help on the front load.

IMG_00712.JPG

/ HomeMade Garden Tractor Scoop #7  
move the bucket to the back were the little lawn tractor might be able to handle it. you will just break you axle, steering, and frame if you try to do what you want. look at how real loader tractors mount to the middle of the frame. you could do the same thing to save the frame (thats also what the do with snow blades on those little tractors), but you'd still have front axle and steering problems. at the very least move it in closer to reduce the lever arm. I honestly think you will have problems just driving around empty, much less with anything in the bucket.
put wour scoop in the back. ti may not be what you want, but it wont destroy your lawnmower.

/ HomeMade Garden Tractor Scoop #8  
It might work real nice for snow! Go ahead and finish it up, try it out, and if it doesnt have the capacity you want, try, like the other poster suggested, putting it on the back. Most of what you've fabricated will still be useable. I like the material-efficient design of your bucket! Keep us posted with more pics and results please....

/ HomeMade Garden Tractor Scoop #9  
Gravely used to make a scoop for their two wheel walk behind tractors. No hydraulics. Maybe you could consider giving your bucket a bottom edge that will easily skid. If you run into weight problems, then skid the material in the bucket instead of trying to lift it? Just an idea....