Dump body winch

/ Dump body winch #1  

kubota00

I made this to pull the splitter on but it work well for many things. Power in power out and will free spool out, 1500 lbs capacity. Self contained not wired into the truck one bolt holds it in place.

Attachments

• DSCN1985A.JPG
    DSCN1985A.JPG
    311.7 KB · Views: 548
  • DSCN1991.JPG
    DSCN1991.JPG
    398.2 KB · Views: 537
  • DSCN1992.JPG
    DSCN1992.JPG
    390.9 KB · Views: 383
  • DSCN1995.JPG
    DSCN1995.JPG
    378.8 KB · Views: 349
   / Dump body winch #3  
I'd have put it on the side with a pully or roller hause were you have the winch, that way you could shift it while standing on the ground. it could also be permanently mounted because it wouldn't be in danger of being crushed. leaving the hook achored to the side by the winch when it isn't in use would let you run out the cable without hopping in back too.

I can see why you wouldn't want power cables flexing with each cycle of the dump bed, but you could use the plug system for removable winches that Warn has. that also goof for jumper cables too.

/ Dump body winch #4  
Nice concept. I like the way you did the ramps with bolts going in the crack between the gate and bed, if I see it correctly. Do you have any concern with acid spilling out of the battery when the bed it tilted?

/ Dump body winch
Groo

There were a number of ways I considered mounting it but it just came down to what was the quickest and I wanted to use materials I had on hand. Here a close-up of the package and if you notice the bar on the bulkhead of the body that痴 all that is left on the truck when I take it out. When I haul gravel I just cover the unit with a trap.

Attachments

• DSCN1998.JPG
    DSCN1998.JPG
    374.9 KB · Views: 276
  • DSCN1999.JPG
    DSCN1999.JPG
    365.1 KB · Views: 207
   / Dump body winch #6  
I like it.

Would like to see washers and lock nuts for the bar though.

/ Dump body winch
BobRip

Here a close-up of the ramp end. It is a piece of angle that I shimmed to get the right angle so it slips between the gate and the body. Seem to work well. I think the battery is sealed well enough doesn稚 seem to be a problem.

Attachments

• DSCN2023.JPG
    DSCN2023.JPG
    388.2 KB · Views: 218
  • DSCN2025.JPG
    DSCN2025.JPG
    369.7 KB · Views: 179
   / Dump body winch #8  
BobRip

Here a close-up of the ramp end. It is a piece of angle that I shimmed to get the right angle so it slips between the gate and the body. Seem to work well. I think the battery is sealed well enough doesn稚 seem to be a problem.

Good concept and design on the angle iron. Just thought I would mention the battery leakage in case it was a problem. I did not want you to get acid on the dumper.

/ Dump body winch #9  
Great idea i could see my using something like that.

I would like see more pics of the truck i looks pretty new.

Shane

/ Dump body winch
rtdiggr

The truck is a 08 Chevy 3500; I got in February in from a dealer in CT. It was tough to find a work truck with the LT package with a Dmax. I need to find a toolbox that will fit into the cab protector for the chain saws, the side boxes are too short for the 20覇rs. More pics

Attachments

• DSCN1564.JPG
    DSCN1564.JPG
    414.3 KB · Views: 104
  • DSCN1560.JPG
    DSCN1560.JPG
    394.8 KB · Views: 160
  • DSCN1569.JPG
    DSCN1569.JPG
    403 KB · Views: 167
  • DSCN1552.JPG
    DSCN1552.JPG