Tractor
    2006 Kubota 7610 HST 4WD

Default Built a new log lift

Built a new log lifter for handling the big stuff and loading it onto my wagon or splitter. It's built out of scrap 3" channel, with one bolt and a little left-over chain. Most of my logs cut to 20" so I built this to pick up 22" and less. With another hole drilled for the pivot, I can always adjust it for bigger logs. I did the welds with my little Campbell wire welder.

Other pics available at Paul Weisblatt's Photos - Getting in the firewood | Facebook
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -dscf0177-jpg   -dscf0179-jpg   -dscf0178-jpg  
    [#] Window Geek
    [#]
    When my wife said, "You've waited long enough for a tractor. Go get one.", I knew exactly what to say:

"YES DEAR."

Kubota B7610 HST 4WD
    LA352 FEL, B2765A front blade, 3 pt carryall, bucket forks, spreader, lifting boom, 2" receiver, TSC PHD, KK II 4' rototiller, Salsco chipper, towable splitter, homemade 3 pt pallet forks, 7' back blade, 6' yard rake w/ homemade gauge wheels, HF Quick Hitch

Tractor
    Kubota BX24

Default Re: Built a new log lift

nice set of tongs. However, maybe you could put some teeth on bottom of the c channel to build in a safety factor for a better bite ? I bet that if you tried to pick up a frozen log, with snow/ice it will slide right off.

Tractor
    2006 Kubota 7610 HST 4WD

Quote Originally Posted by radioman View Post
    nice set of tongs. However, maybe you could put some teeth on bottom of the c channel to build in a safety factor for a better bite ? I bet that if you tried to pick up a frozen log, with snow/ice it will slide right off.
    Thanks Radioman. Yup. I ground 3 teeth on all 4 edges of the channel to increase the bite.
    [#] Window Geek
    [#]
    When my wife said, "You've waited long enough for a tractor. Go get one.", I knew exactly what to say:

"YES DEAR."

Kubota B7610 HST 4WD
    LA352 FEL, B2765A front blade, 3 pt carryall, bucket forks, spreader, lifting boom, 2" receiver, TSC PHD, KK II 4' rototiller, Salsco chipper, towable splitter, homemade 3 pt pallet forks, 7' back blade, 6' yard rake w/ homemade gauge wheels, HF Quick Hitch

Tractor
    Kubota B7800

Window Geek,

I just sent you a PM about you front auxiliary light.
    It's the going that counts not the distance!