Ideals on how to build 200cx tractor forks

/ Ideals on how to build 200cx tractor forks #1  

Dale1995

Silver Member
Tractor
John Deere 2320
Hi there guys, I just received my tractor forks and purchased the hooks and brackets to build a set of forks for my 200cx loader, my question is do any of you have specific measurements of the hook and pin placement for building a set of forks. I suppose I could remove my snowblower, and dig out my loader that I have stored away for the winter, but that sounds like to much work! Somewhere there must be some specifications for this. I suppose I could also go to my local John deere dealer and measure off of their forks. I thought that there are so many of you out there that have made these, you must have some suggestions on what worked for you and what didn't. When I get mine done I will post some pictures for you to see.....thanks for any input!:)

/ Ideals on how to build 200cx tractor forks #2  
I don't have the measurements...I just hung the hooks on the loader frame and tacked them to the top tube, then added the sides and pins and tacked it all together while it was on the tractor. Then I removed it for final welding.

Seemed a whole lot easier than measuring:D

/ Ideals on how to build 200cx tractor forks #3  
I don't have the measurements...I just hung the hooks on the loader frame and tacked them to the top tube, then added the sides and pins and tacked it all together while it was on the tractor. Then I removed it for final welding.

Seemed a whole lot easier than measuring:D

I agree with Kennyd. Hold it in place and tack it. Although, when I made mine, I took some measurements. These are what I remember off the top of my head: (enter usual disclaimer here)
  • top hook center to center = 42"
  • bottom pin c/c = 47.5"
  • top to bottom c/c = 13.75"

/ Ideals on how to build 200cx tractor forks #4  
I built mine ( 5k forks for a NH TC 55DA ) it was easier to bring the loader to the level of the forks and build to match. Why reinvent the wheel? It is always simple to match the existing.
Speaking of.. I got a set of forks with a Bolens parts tractor the other day. After I build the loader and bucket for the 4110 I will attach a set of quick change forks.