Homemade Tractor

/ Homemade Tractor #1  

Magnum_MX285

Tractor
Case IH MX285 Magnum
This was actually built by my dad a couple years ago. He used to use a Cub Cadet for snowblowing but got tired of the continual repairs and welding he had to do to it. So, like usual, he figured he could do better if he made one himself. And thus started an 8 month long project to create the "perfect" tractor for snowblowing. Eventually, though, it evolved into a true multipurpose tractor with a front-mounted 3 point hitch. He bought and modified a snowblower for it, modified a formerly rear-mount tiller for it, bought and modified a blade for it, made a boom-pole for it, made pallet forks for it, made his own bucket for it.

It really is a slick piece of machinery, the only thing he didn't do on it was the hydraulics. Its powered by a 33HP Isuzu diesel with two Case hydrostatic transaxles, articulated steering. Amenities include removeable front and side glass panel, removable door, AM/FM radio, heater (ceiling mounted and the fact that the oil reservoir is right under your feet), tilt steering, high/low ranges, and several hyraulic controls. It can operate in both two and four wheel drive. It uses a few recycled parts, the most noticeable being the John Deere steering wheel and the diesel fill nozzle from his '82 Silverado.

It is literally built like a tank. Its a shame I don't have more pictures to share...

n33804257_32250267_8626.jpg

2003_0313random0007.jpg

2003_0313random0006.jpg

/ Homemade Tractor #2  
Great JOB Hard to tell it isn't factory made.I sure do love homebuilt.

/ Homemade Tractor #3  
Easy to tell this isn't your Dad's first rodeo. I sure do admire you guys that can build stuff.

MarkV

/ Homemade Tractor #4  
I love it. It looks like a production vehicle. It is very simular to the Power Tracs and they have a forum on TractorByNet.

Chuckanut

/ Homemade Tractor #5  
That's a fine testament to your fathers engineering and craftsmanship skills. Great looking piece of machinery.

I know how hard it can be. I built this one from scratch with many recyled parts. I call it the "Kenbota". :)

2005_1212Kenbota0002.jpg

/ Homemade Tractor #6  
Way cool...Add some current plates and that puppy's street legal!

Don

/ Homemade Tractor #9  
That's one Nice's piece of engineering.

/ Homemade Tractor #10  
Excellent Magnum!

I think your dad has it right. I always thought tractors should have a separate frame, engine, transmission, and 3 point attachment. 1 little crack in a typical tractor's main housing and you have a world of misery. I like the articulated steering. I bet it will turn on a dime and give you .09 change!