Walker Mower Backhoe

/ Walker Mower Backhoe #1  

Porshaah

Gentlemen

I've utilzed the PTO on my 20hp Walker for a number of homemade implements, (i.e. power washer, modified Craftsman 2 stage snowblower, chipper/vacume). I'm thinking of utilizing one of those self contained backhoes/hydraulic pump units but I'm not sure if it's doable having little to no experience with hydraulics or backhoes. Will the 3600rpm PTO be too fast for the pump and will the weight of the Walker to counter balance be enough? Also the HP may be a concern?

All responses welcomed
Bill

/ Walker Mower Backhoe #2  
Most of the pumps I run around here are directly driven off small engines running at around 3600 rpms.However;these are pumps that I have scrounged up and not pumps made for PTO operations,which I suspect are made for 540 or 1000 rpms.
You will find invaluable help at the Machine Builders Network, a fun bunch of guys that have built darn near everything...
Machine Builders Network

/ Walker Mower Backhoe #3  
It's all about getting the right pump. As long as you get a pump rated to take the speed you're talking about, you'll be fine.

I'm not sure I know what you're talking about with the self contained pump. Any links or pics?