Time to hook-up the snow plow UGH!

/ Time to hook-up the snow plow UGH! #1  

PineRidge

Tractor
TC-40D SS New Holland
Ever since I converted a Myers snow plow to work with the TC-40D-SS my snow removal duties have been much, much easier.

However making the hook-up to the tractor has in the past always been somewhat of a challenge.

Here's what the plow looks like as you pull up to it with the tractor.

Attachments

• mod2.jpg
    mod2.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 825
   / Time to hook-up the snow plow UGH!
Herein lies the problem. If you don't get the tractor square with the plow the 1st time around the QA on the plow simply falls over. :(

Sometimes you need to get off the seat 3 or 4 times to get it right.

Attachments

• mod4.jpg
    mod4.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 460
I happen to be digging through one of my scrap steel bins the other day when I cam across the old adjustable top-link that came with the TC-40D-SS and a light bulb in my head lit up.

Why not weld a couple of pins to the plow frame to temporarily mount the adjustable link like this.

Attachments

• mod1.jpg
    mod1.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 512
  • mod3.jpg
    mod3.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 517
Now I can move up on the plow and gently bump it to square it off, & make the attachment without the QA plate hitting the floor.

Then when I jump off the seat to lock the QA I simply pull the 2 spring pins on the adjustable link, slide the link off so the plow can once again pivot and I'm good to plow.

I set the adjustable link on the mat next to my feet as a reminder to replace it before disconnecting the plow.

Thought maybe a few others might have a similar situation. Also a piece of steel with 2 holes drilled in it could just as easily be used instead of an adjustable top link like I used.

/ Time to hook-up the snow plow UGH! #6  
I have a plow just like that but the whole thing is rigid. T?he plow will trip over the springs and I float the FEL control.

I have a plow just like that but the whole thing is rigid. T?he plow will trip over the springs and I float the FEL control.

Our drive has a lot of whoop-de-doos so the plow was made flexible with shoes on the rear plow frame. That way the FEL control can be put in "float" and the plow will follow the contour of the drive better.

/ Time to hook-up the snow plow UGH! #8  
Our drive has a lot of whoop-de-doos so the plow was made flexible with shoes on the rear plow frame. That way the FEL control can be put in "float" and the plow will follow the contour of the drive better.
Wher ya been hidin ?
Haven't see you round here in a while.

/ Time to hook-up the snow plow UGH! #9  
Good to hear from you Mike;)

I think I would have just tied a string onto the frame to pull it back up from the tractor seat, but your method involved a welder and other heavy tools so it must be the better way:D

/ Time to hook-up the snow plow UGH! #10  
Herein lies the problem. If you don't get the tractor square with the plow the 1st time around the QA on the plow simply falls over. :(

Sometimes you need to get off the seat 3 or 4 times to get it right.

Could you have just made the chain longer so the frame was already leaning towards the tractor?