Metal Suppliers in Pittsburgh

/ Metal Suppliers in Pittsburgh #1  

chevyzr2s10

Tractor
1985 Cub Cadet 1204
Im currently working on building a FEL for my Cub Cadet and I am looking for a place to buy some steel (Rectangular Tubing and misc plate and sheet).

Does any one know of a place in Pittsburgh that sells small quantities of steel to the public for a good price? I am willing to dig through scrap yards if I can get a good price.

The only place I have checked is Metal Supermarket and their prices are outrageous and their customer service is aweful (they seemed like they were mad at me because I wanted to buy from them:confused:).

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks

/ Metal Suppliers in Pittsburgh #2  
Two places I know of are in the Robinson Twp. area.

Snyder Steel is a scrapyard in Coraopolis. You can root through there piles for what you need. They will torch cut the oversize stuff for you.

Omslaer Steel is a small Mom & Pop yard not too far from Robinson Mall. They have small quantities of new steel. I was there about a year ago and their prices were decent.

/ Metal Suppliers in Pittsburgh
Two places I know of are in the Robinson Twp. area.

Snyder Steel is a scrapyard in Coraopolis. You can root through there piles for what you need. They will torch cut the oversize stuff for you.

Omslaer Steel is a small Mom & Pop yard not too far from Robinson Mall. They have small quantities of new steel. I was there about a year ago and their prices were decent.

Thanks, I will be checking both of those places out.

I was calling around today and found Fieldcrest Steel Corp. in Carnegie. Their prices were 60% cheaper than Metal Supermarket and they were very helpful.