Tractor
    John Deere 2320

Default Fork lift Frame

I am in the process of building a set of forks for my 2320 John deere tractor, I just purchased a set of 1000 lb capacity forks from a supplier, since my tractors lifting capacity is only 989 lbs, I figured that the forks would be plenty strong. My question is I am going to build this fork lift frame out of 2" x 4" rectangular tubing, in order to keep the weight down I am planing to use 3/16 " wall thickness, instead of 1/4" thickness. Tubing is very strong, has any one out there done this and what is your opinion? Will this be strong enough for my needs? Thanks for any help.

Tractor
    John Deere 4110, 455

Default Re: Fork lift Frame

I think the 3/16" will be fine.
    KennyD
    www.boltonhooks.com

Bolt On Grab Hooks, Weld On Grab Hooks, Specialty Chain Accessories, Specialty Hydraulic Components.

Simple JDParts Tutorial HERE

Visit our YouTube Channel

Silver Member
    Tractor
    Iseki TU155 Landhope

I could do with a fork lift on my "little blue thing" -what did the forks cost you?

Tractor
    John Deere 4110, 455

-what did the forks cost you?
    I paid $100US for my used 42" forks from a forklift dealer. They where "out of spec" for real forklift use but still have plenty life in them for a CUT.
    KennyD
    www.boltonhooks.com

Bolt On Grab Hooks, Weld On Grab Hooks, Specialty Chain Accessories, Specialty Hydraulic Components.

Simple JDParts Tutorial HERE

Visit our YouTube Channel

Tractor
    JD 4310

I don't know if this is what you are looking for. I used 2''x4'' 3/16'' for the top and bottom. 3/8''x 4'' for the sides, and 6'' x 1/4'' channel for the loader mount. 1 3/4'' round for the forks, that are old brick forks.
    Attached Images Attached Images