Chute deflector operator for snow blower

/ Chute deflector operator for snow blower #1  

trrjohn

Tractor
John Deere -420's & 455's
I got tired of getting off and on the tractor to change the deflector on the snow blower chute. The rotation is hydraulically controlled.

I added a 12 volt linear actuator to control the chute deflector. The control switch is in the cab. Works great.

John

Attachments

• chuteoperator1.JPG
    chuteoperator1.JPG
    49 KB · Views: 1,719
  • chuteoperator1-2.JPG
    chuteoperator1-2.JPG
    59.6 KB · Views: 1,070
  • chuteoperator1-3.JPG
    chuteoperator1-3.JPG
    50.4 KB · Views: 1,062
   / Chute deflector operator for snow blower #2  
I got tired of getting off and on the tractor to change the deflector on the snow blower chute. The rotation is hydraulically controlled.

I added a 12 volt linear actuator to control the chute deflector. The control switch is in the cab. Works great.

John

Nice!! Did you build your own chute rotator?? Pics please??

/ Chute deflector operator for snow blower #3  
Looks good! I put a hydraulic chute deflector on my blower, but the electric option was similar to your setup. Sure is nice not to have to keep getting out of the seat to adjust, isn't it? :)

/ Chute deflector operator for snow blower #4  
That's great! Can you post a link and/or the specs for the actuator you used?

/ Chute deflector operator for snow blower
I used the following for the linear actuator.

Bottom mounting Bracket is part number

Burden Sales Surplus Center Item Detail

Actuator is part number

Burden Sales Surplus Center Item Detail

I used a short piece of 2" x 2" x 3/16" channel to mount the actuator bracket to the chute and a 1/4" x 3" bolt to hold the top.

You also need some bolts, wire, a DPDT center off momentary toggle switch and a fuse in the supply wire to the toggle switch is always good protection.

/ Chute deflector operator for snow blower #7  
Looks like you have this mounted to a JD Blower. JD makes a cable control that works great and allows for fast deflector adjustment. I have one mounted on my Kubota for 5 years and have never had a problem. The control cable fit a JD 485x series tractor and the blower that would fit this model

/ Chute deflector operator for snow blower #8  
John...
Could you please give more details on the Switch you use.
Thanks
Eric

/ Chute deflector operator for snow blower #10  
Here is a search of Radio Shacks, and remember if you get them in the store there isn't shipping.
RadioShack.com