Another 3point hitch

/ Another 3point hitch #1  

tatra805

Silver Member
Tractor
Iseki TL1900FD
And another ... 3pt hitch

Combi hitch i made which should be able to pull about every trailer i have.

Nothing special just sharing.

The hitch in the middle is a military swiveling pin hitch with a build in spring suspension to absorb pull-shocks. Comes of my Tatra 805 and matches the coupling of the trailerchassis i have (see other thread)

I found despite all measuring that i do have a clearance problem with the horse trailer hitch. :mad:

Probably i will turn the middle hitch around (only 4 bolts to do that) and make second top link connections at the other side of the top bar. That way i only have to turn the whole thing on the 3pt when towing. I do not want to separate the hitches further apart as i will come out towing above center of back axle with the top one.

Now i have 10cm ground clearance with the top one set at axle level.

DSC00229.jpg

DSC00230.jpg

/ Another 3point hitch #2  
Nice clean build. Looks good and i'm sure will function nicely.

/ Another 3point hitch
thanks for the positive comments.:)

No reason to accept downtime if you can build it decently in the first place. Someone once told me.

I just hate it to have to beef up / ply back / straighten out a tool in the middle of a job.

Although i might have missed the point of the art to put your weakest link in the cheapest part of the chain

/ Another 3point hitch
Original designs are made to be altered...

One of the problems i had with the hitch was that the Pintle hitch was pushing on the ball hitch and bending the handle of the trailer hitch when turning.....

So i turned the pintle 180, repositioned the top link attachement and now could use the hitch from both sides.

DSC00385.jpg

I fabbed an attachement bar that takes the implements of my 2 wheel tractor. Sure, they are not up to the power of the tractor but can help and when used correctly and with common sense i dont see reason why not.

DSC00386.jpg

Pictured the snowblade. Works a charm to level out dirt and much easier than the fell over long distances. You see better what you're doing.

DSC00388.jpg

DSC00387.jpg

DSC00389.jpg

Now finding a way to have the blade rotating 360 so i can also pull forward.

Other implements are a plow, gulley maker, rake, rotovator (with own engine) etc etc The good thing is that they are about 1/3 price here of tractor implements and readily available second hand as everybody has this 2 wheel tractor overhere.

:)

/ Another 3point hitch #7  
Nice fab work. Got a creak in my neck looking at the last pic.Framer

/ Another 3point hitch
Framer, Wait till you drove backwards with the blade for a day... you will thank me.... :D

/ Another 3point hitch #9  
What is that in your drive. the part that the tractor is setting on?
Lee

/ Another 3point hitch #10  
What is that in your drive. the part that the tractor is setting on?

Those are pretty much standard fare for Europeans. He has cement pavers that interlock. Then further out they are cement panels with an open grid. There are various styles, colors, and designs for these pavers. Basically they are hand laid over a bed of dry sand/cement (cement being optional), then dry sand is broomed on the top to fill the gaps between the individual blocks and thereby locking it all together. Here is a sample of some of what is available. It is very labor intensive, but I have seen Mall parking lots done in this manner.

Mike