Waste oil heater for my garage.

/ Waste oil heater for my garage. #81  
A guy around here had a five gallon metal can of oil and sent it via a steel tube and then a small ball valve to cut the flow to a drip and has the tube going in to the fire chamber it simply drops a drop of oil on the already burning wood.I don't think id want to try it myself..

/ Waste oil heater for my garage. #82  
I converted my 40 year old oil stove to wood, by putting a pan over the air entrance/oil burning puddle to distribute the air through the 20 or so half inch holes i drilled into it. IT works great for me, its not as dangerous as a waste oil heater (old oil has clods which will make you open the ball valve a bit more to keep it burning, untill the clod is through and the oil is heated so it runs down like gasoline, drowning the fire and overflowing into the shop)

I could only burn an entire year of oil changes in just 3 winter days. Nowadays i just throw a pint of oil over the wood everytime i light it. (with the propane torch) That will help me get rid of my old engine oil, but its safe to stack a wheelbarrow full of wood in it and let it burn. With engine oil i had to adjust the flow every 15 minutes, and my workshop was full of thick oil smell...

/ Waste oil heater for my garage.
If you look at my build there is a pan under my heater for any spills. This pan will hold about 10 gallons, the bucket that feeds the burner holds 5 gallons.

/ Waste oil heater for my garage. #84  
A guy around here had a five gallon metal can of oil and sent it via a steel tube and then a small ball valve to cut the flow to a drip and has the tube going in to the fire chamber it simply drops a drop of oil on the already burning wood.I don't think id want to try it myself..

Here is one for you wood burning guys.
YouTube - Wood & Waste Oil Burning stove