Wiring for a Nippondenso Alternator?

/ Wiring for a Nippondenso Alternator?
My GoldWing has an internal alternator (inside the engine case) and they only put out around 37 amps. Good enough for a stock bare bike but hardly enough for a 100 watt stereo,driving lights,air horns,tons of LEDS and trailer lights.Boys will be boys you know. The stock alternators are a common nuisance on the older Wings as they do go bad and fixing them requires pulling the engine. This is not mine but it pretty much shows what I have done to my bike. You have to cut out part of the timing belt cover,machine a pulley for the crank and make some brackets. There is a kit with the pulley and brackets,but it cost $190!!! I bought the pulleys,made an adapter on my lathe and made the brackets for $27...including the ebay alternator,breaker and belt....the whole deal cost me less than a hundred bucks.

My bike is a 1985 1200 Interstate. You can't even tell I added the alternator unless you look closely into the fairing fins.

Bob, that Goldwing is perfect, thanks for the photos of yours and of another conversion.

I had to lathe an old cast pulley to fit the alt as the 3 ebay alternators I.ve bought all had a serpantine pulley and I've used up all the vee pulleys from old alternators.

/ Wiring for a Nippondenso Alternator? #12  
allenr, 2 questions.

What is the (air ?) compressor doing on the front crank ?

What is the 'long strip of brass' joining your positive cables to the alt ?

/ Wiring for a Nippondenso Alternator?
allenr, 2 questions.

What is the (air ?) compressor doing on the front crank ?

What is the 'long strip of brass' joining your positive cables to the alt ?

I'm building another compressor tractor to operate air snips for pruning my vineyard very similar to No 1 pictured below.

It guides itself along the row to its left, a remotely operated air cylinder engages and disengages the clutch and the overhead booms open out to allow 4 pruners to work on 4 rows.

There are some commercially manufactured units (I've still got one in the back of my shed) that had a 7hp petrol engine, 1 fwd speed via vee belts, jockey pulley and a final reduction chain drive.

MVC-583S.JPG

MVC-810F.JPG

MVC-876F.JPG

The brass strip was only there temporarily, it's the shunt bar for an ammeter to check the alternator output. Probably can't see it in the pic but there are two little lugs near each end where you clip om the ammeter leads.