Building a ROPS Canopy.

/ Building a ROPS Canopy. #11  
Hi All,

We will soon be starting to build a ROPS canopy for our MF 1523. I know of one thread on here, where it was built, and also insulated to keep the sun from baking you, and could also work to keep the heat in.

Any advice, materials needed, or tips, and pics are welcome.

Mine are fiberglass but my brother's MF is diamond tread aluminum about 1/8" thick and I like it better. Not sure on his but they used foam about 1" thick to insulate the underside of mine (nothing special, just cheap foam rubber). Over time it crumbled and mostly has none now. If heat is a big issue you can mount a fan under the canopy where the rain can not reach it.

How do you keep heat under a Canopy? Would think you would have to enclose like a cab to do that.

As to the font, does make you think of LB. Does tell me he is not color blind.

/ Building a ROPS Canopy.
Mine are fiberglass but my brother's MF is diamond tread aluminum about 1/8" thick and I like it better. Not sure on his but they used foam about 1" thick to insulate the underside of mine (nothing special, just cheap foam rubber). Over time it crumbled and mostly has none now. If heat is a big issue you can mount a fan under the canopy where the rain can not reach it.

How do you keep heat under a Canopy? Would think you would have to enclose like a cab to do that.

As to the font, does make you think of LB. Does tell me he is not color blind.

Thanks. We will be closing it in during the winter, and make it so the sides & front are removable during the summer.