Building a ROPS Canopy.

/ Building a ROPS Canopy. #1  

WilliamBos

Tractor
MF 1635 12x12 Powershuttle
Hi All,

We will soon be starting to build a ROPS canopy for our MF 1523. I know of one thread on here, where it was built, and also insulated to keep the sun from baking you, and could also work to keep the heat in.

Any advice, materials needed, or tips, and pics are welcome.

/ Building a ROPS Canopy. #2  
Hi All,

We will soon be starting to build a ROPS canopy for our MF 1523. I know of one thread on here, where it was built, and also insulated to keep the sun from baking you, and could also work to keep the heat in.

Any advice, materials needed, or tips, and pics are welcome.

If you want to "cheat" a bit, you could get the brackets already made. Then you only have to mess with the top. For the top you could chose between wood, metal or even a dumpster lid. You could even add a piece across the front of the frame and use canvas.

These folks sell the bracket kit:

Brackets & Hardware Kit - Fiberglass & Aluminum Sunshade Kits

Rural King and TSC both have an "umbrella" style canopy that attaches to the ROPS (a square 50" one, not the old fender mount 3 or 5 bow ones) if you want something that comes off quickly. I think those are actually under $100.

/ Building a ROPS Canopy. #3  
Will, what's with the colored fonts ?, LB teach you how to type ?

Makes it somewhat difficult to read.

/ Building a ROPS Canopy.

I make the font bigger, and change the colour so it is easier to read. The small plain font is hard on the eyes.

/ Building a ROPS Canopy. #5  
Your fonts are harder to read, which is the opposite effect that you are trying to achieve.

/ Building a ROPS Canopy. #6  
I make the font bigger, and change the colour so it is easier to read. The small plain font is hard on the eyes.

When i look at your color your using,(looks brown) then i go down and look at the black, it seems to me that the brown is easier to read.

*But i have been welding for 4 hours today,(at times i had to look at what i was welding without the shield because thin metal*

I just took potato slices off my eyes, so maybe it is just my eyes.

Maybe LB did teach him, i just hope he stays away from the pink:D

/ Building a ROPS Canopy. #7  
I made one out of a 3'X3' piece of aluminum sheet, very much resembled a common road sign in gauge and size. It was a quick effort just to see if I would like it. I did not insulate it and that may have been a problem. My exhaust is not under the tractor but rather straight up at mid engine. Maybe my 2 cyl is just too loud or the lack of insulation let the sound linger under the canopy. I thought I was in a tin can. I enjoy the sound of my tractor but this was too much, I took it off and will try again as soon as time permits me to address the insulation. Just a pit fall I have ran into.

/ Building a ROPS Canopy.

If you got to the "My Home" tab, then edit options, the misc options at the bottom, you can adjust the settings for full font options.

/ Building a ROPS Canopy. #9  
I know a easier step, worked with LB's posts also.