wood processor in the making

/ wood processor in the making #1  

wade284jm

I need a little help with some knowledge of old equipment. I scavenge all my parts, except bearings and belts from old junked farm equipment. I am in need of 90 degree gear box(1:1 or increaser) to transfer the drive from the PTO. Is there a old piece of eguipment out there that has a good heavy one. I was told pull type swather would have this, but most are just open helical gears, no case. Any help would be appreciated before i go on my next scouting mission. Thanks

/ wood processor in the making #3  
check out the older pulltype combines they have 90 degree boxes and you might get the shaft for your pto at the same time

/ wood processor in the making #4  
I need a little help with some knowledge of old equipment. I scavenge all my parts, except bearings and belts from old junked farm equipment. I am in need of 90 degree gear box(1:1 or increaser) to transfer the drive from the PTO. Is there a old piece of eguipment out there that has a good heavy one. I was told pull type swather would have this, but most are just open helical gears, no case. Any help would be appreciated before i go on my next scouting mission. Thanks

One word..... eBay
I picked up a brand new Browning 2:1 Right Angle Gearbox for $25.00 +S&H on eBay....its a serious box....

Attachments

• gearbox1.jpg
    gearbox1.jpg
    130.2 KB · Views: 329
   / wood processor in the making #5  
Did the beer come with the box?

/ wood processor in the making #6  
I've got one from a old grain auger, it was 1:1. I think the whole auger was bought for $10.

/ wood processor in the making #7  
Did the beer come with the box?

LOL...Nah, it was part of the "New Toy" inspection routine....I actually left the bottle in the pic to show my Bro how big the gearbox was...I didnt think it was gonna be THAT Big, but I suppose theres no harm in too big...this gearbox makes the factory gearboxes on some equipment look Super Light Duty.

/ wood processor in the making #8  
what will this processor do?

/ wood processor in the making #9  
LOL...Nah, it was part of the "New Toy" inspection routine....I actually left the bottle in the pic to show my Bro how big the gearbox was...I didnt think it was gonna be THAT Big, but I suppose theres no harm in too big...this gearbox makes the factory gearboxes on some equipment look Super Light Duty.

Well, I'm all for having a beer, be it for scale or whatever reason you call it. That box is a wee beastie! The price is right, too.