Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tractor
    Kubota B7100HST, International IH454, John Deere F910

Default My 3 point trailer hitch project

Hi,
    Just another 3 point trailer hitch project! Finished it up today since it was warm out, works really good, and is much easier than getting my Jeep hitched up to move the trailer around!

I got the harbor freight 2" bolt on receiver. I swore off buying anything from China, but I needed to use up the rest of a gift card so this is the last time! The rest of the parts are just scrap lying around at work. 2" square tubing and a few plates.

I already had flux core wire in my welder, so the welds aren't quite as pretty as they could be. A few cuts and hole saw holes later I was done!

Putting it on the tractor, I found out the top link was bent, so I had to take it in and straighten it on the press at work. Also got the lowering speed adjusted so I don't need to stand on it anymore.

I'm pretty happy with the outcome, makes me want to get started on some other implements. I think I'm gonna try to make a scoop next, or maybe a front bumper/pusher to bolt on.

Jim
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -img_4065-jpg   -img_4086-jpg   -img_4087-jpg  
    Last edited by yeagisyeag; 02-25-2009 at 07:05 PM.

Tractor
    Kubota GST Grand L3130 w/ 723 loader, Ags

Default Re: My 3 point trailer hitch project

Try reposting your pics. There aren't any there....

Tractor

Thanks johnk, I just added them as attachments.

Quote Originally Posted by johnk View Post
    Try reposting your pics. There aren't any there....

Gold Member
    Tractor
    1957 Ferguson 35, 1977? Yanmar 2200, 1963 Cub Cadet Original

Good looking hitch you built. Never thought of boltong one to the drawbar but I see it works easily and will do the job.

Great stuff. Your design has helped me with a problem as regards a log skidding rig I made. Thanks bunch!

Tractor
    Kubota BX24

very nice! It's funny on how our timing is for making the hitch. I just completed mine yesterday. I made mine out of scrap I beam. I didn't want to use a receiver tube, I needed something to leave the balls on permanently. Hope you dont mind with me posting my pics.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -3pt-hitch-beam-jpg  

Tractor

Radioman,
    Funny you should mention the permanent ball...
    Don't know if it's the el cheapo HF receiver or what but I can't seem to get the pin pulled out to remove the tongue anymore! As soon as the groove on the pin goes in past the receiver edge, it binds up and catches inside somewhere. It also may have warped from the welding I guess. Suppose I made mine unintentionally permanent, since my patience wore thin trying to remove it.

Quote Originally Posted by radioman View Post
    very nice! It's funny on how our timing is for making the hitch. I just completed mine yesterday. I made mine out of scrap I beam. I didn't want to use a receiver tube, I needed something to leave the balls on permanently. Hope you dont mind with me posting my pics.
    6011artist: I was surprised that the bolt holes lined right up w/the drawbar. Afterwards, I'm thinking I should have bolted the receiver to the underside of the drawbar, and welded the upright tube to another plate to bolt to the top. The ball is a little higher than I thought it would be when the lift is all the way down.

Hindsight is 20/20, no?

Jim

Tractor
    MF 1528 4x4

I got the same idea, I already bolted the receiver to the drawbar now just have to weld up the up bar but I've been hesitating now cause I might use that receiver and bolt it up to the bucket (FEL) instead!!!

Tractor
    Yanmar YM1401D

I really need to make one of these.
    Hi my name is Dennis.
    Yanmar YM1401D, 12k 16+2ft trailer, 1996 Dodge 3500 2WD Cummins 5spd, 1973 M35A2 "Deuce and a Half"

Tractor
    John Deere 4300

Quote Originally Posted by radioman View Post
    raidoman, that is a nice job with the drawbar.

Thanks for sharing your pics.
    Quote Originally Posted by yeagisyeag View Post
    Radioman,
    Funny you should mention the permanent ball...
    Don't know if it's the el cheapo HF receiver or what but I can't seem to get the pin pulled out to remove the tongue anymore! As soon as the groove on the pin goes in past the receiver edge, it binds up and catches inside somewhere. It also may have warped from the welding I guess. Suppose I made mine unintentionally permanent, since my patience wore thin trying to remove it.

Jim
    Jim,

That is a nice job you did also and we like pics. here on TBN.

You said it was stuck in your hitch.

Can you take a piece of 2x4 and lay it against the ball and hit the 2x4
    with a small sledge and get it out.

Thanks for the pics.
    John 3:16

01 JohnDeere4300 "Sync-Reverser", Vertical Exhaust, 2 JD Lawn Tractors, JD Walk Behind.

430-FEL/ 47-Backhoe/ 5' Bush-Hog/ Single Bottom Plow/ 6' Disc/ Aerator Spreader/ HF Quick-Hitch!

(Homemade Stuff) BH Thumb/ Log-Hitch/ 10' Boom-Pole/ 42'' Pallet Forks ''FEL Quick Attach & 3PH Quick-Hitch-Attach''/ Ballast Box 1381 lbs./ Aluminum Canopy/ Brush-Guard Mod/ 5x10 Firewood Trailer/ Lawn Striper.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast