A home made tool

/ A home made tool #21  
Good idea KC, the only way I could screw that up is if my QC were to bind somehow and the tool would continue to force it together.
Might mess up the retainer balls, what ya think ?

/ A home made tool
John, I will see what I can do tomorrow. Ok?

Will, I don't think that you would mess up the retainer balls if a you use common since in putting the coupler together.

/ A home made tool #23  
John, I will see what I can do tomorrow. Ok?

Will, I don't think that you would mess up the retainer balls if a you use common since in putting the coupler together.
I think the tool you made will serve your purpose well.

That is some nice tools in your photobucket.

* I think everyone knows how to relieve the pressure on hoses, or should know having equipment around.*

Bird,

I'm new to hydraulic couplings and have struggled with mine. I think this tool is just what I need, but in reading your reply, I realized that I didn't know this,

Eddie

:confused::confused:

/ A home made tool #25  
KC the gas engine, did you use plans, how long to build it,

/ A home made tool
laurencen, I am sorry I am not sure what you are referring to when you mention the gas engine. If it is that green and orange thing that is a two cylinder steam engine, the other one is john deer green and yellow and that is a model hit and miss engine that was serialized in the Home Shop Machinist back in the late 1980s.

/ A home made tool
John, here is the tool in place. Man, with a arm like that you sure could use a tool that would help put those couplings together.

Sorry I forgot the pictures.

/ A home made tool
Here they are. The second pic I have a little squeeze on the coupling.

Attachments

• 2003_0107Image0001.JPG
    2003_0107Image0001.JPG
    79.7 KB · Views: 337
  • 2003_0107Image0003.JPG
    2003_0107Image0003.JPG
    70.5 KB · Views: 339
   / A home made tool #29  
Bird,

I'm new to hydraulic couplings and have struggled with mine. I think this tool is just what I need, but in reading your reply, I realized that I didn't know this, nor have I tried it. I usually cracked the hose connections to release the pressure.

With Spring here, I'll be putting my grapple on pretty soon and will try your method first. If that doesn't work, I'm gonna make me a tool with one of my pipe clamps.

Eddie

Eddie, the times I had to do it on my Kubota FEL, and my neighbor's hay equipment, it was always quick and easy and just almost no loss of fluid. I never loosened the hose connections, and I think I learned that little trick here on TBN, but can't remember who posted those instructions first.