Default 3 point water line trench digger

Any ideas on what could be made or used to dig a 6-12 inch deep to burry water lines?. I thought about using my middlebuster but the width of the trench is really bigger that I need. Could I use one of those smaller blades like I have seen at TSC?. I want to use my 3 point and not the bucket. Any ideas?. And thanks for a great information source!.

Tractor
    John Deere 4110, 455

Default Re: 3 point water line trench digger

Check out THIS THREAD and THIS ONE for some ideas.
    KennyD
    www.boltonhooks.com

Bolt On Grab Hooks, Weld On Grab Hooks, Specialty Chain Accessories, Specialty Hydraulic Components.

Simple JDParts Tutorial HERE

Visit our YouTube Channel

Elite Member
    Tractor
    Kubota B7100D

Just buy a 'bull tongue' or chisel point if you can find one that fits (sometimes the angle is different and the bolt holes don't line up). I've put a longer bolt in that hold the tip one and put a short piece of chain on with one line over the bolt/under the nut. Then fasten the other end of the chain to the pipe and pull away. You won't get much depth, 12 inches is probably max. You might want to 'pre-trench' before attaching the line to help get the depth you want.

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L3130HST & ZD326s

I used a subsoiler to bury a 1" gasline about a foot deep, Randy. I made a doohicky, which was probably overkill, and attached the gas line behind it on the lower crossbrace. Here's some pics of it and one where I was making a trial run, since I was going to be going across my driveway and wanted to see how it worked. All you need to do is drive over your trench to pack it back down then.
    Those same brackets held a piece of conduit that was bent on a ninety when I ran some underground electric to my shed.
    Just wondering, can you take the blades off of your middlebuster? Maybe you could get that to work somehow.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Tractor
    Kubota L2800

Flexible lines and wires are done very well with a subsoiler as stated. Rigid schedule 40 PVC does not do well when using this type of setup, from my experience. I just did over a thousand feet of rigid pipe and would up doing it with a middle buster with a small blade. Made a heck of a mess in wet spots and wished I had rented a trencher. Got lucky and found a almost new Ground Hog T4 with an 18" digging bar on it for $700 locally and will use that to finish another 500' of pipe this summer. Then sell the Ground Hog for more than I paid for it.

Silver Member
    Tractor
    deere 3720

I use a subsoiler. Run it empty to clear all roots and stuff. Then glue all your pvc together secure to subsoiler and pull away. works good here in Fl.

Tractor
    John Deere 990

I modified my subsoiler to add this wedge which works really well making trench lines for French Drains, and this summer I will try it out on our tree farm for planting seedlings.....

A life spent making mistakes is more honorable and useful than a life spent doing nothing.

4BusyDads