Non 3pt tiller to 3pt mount conversion

/ Non 3pt tiller to 3pt mount conversion #1  

tatra805

Silver Member
Tractor
Iseki TL1900FD
Posted my lucky encounter with a kubota and iseki tiller in the iseki forum but would like to start a thread here on the conversion of a non 3pt mounted tiller (2pt???) to 3pt mount.

The non 3pt tillers can be found here for much less as almost every grey import is delivered to these dealers with the tillers still attached.
So they actually have a graveyard of old tillers nobody wants... except me, today.

DSC00418.jpg

These 2 followed me home.:D (50$ for the kubota and 100$ for the Iseki :p)

I first am converting the kubota. (model 1100, 27 blades) It had a shot bearing which really is like a routine service item on these things. Now for the 3pt:

First: cut off the original mounts
DSC00420.jpg

second: make a connection frame for the lower arms

DSC00421.jpg

Just remember not to weld all connections as that will prevent you servicing the main gearbox as you cannot remove the driveshaft tubes. (so i used the 3 bolt pattern in the internal reinforcement to connect and weld the other end of the frame onto the tube/shaft.

More to follow when i finish tomorrow.

This is really a head over heals jump-on project as i have to till a garden tomorrow afternoon. SO not to much time to think things over, lets hope things work out. Also have to resort to the materials which i have laying around so it can for sure be done more nicely.

Hope it can help someone.

(the Iseki tiller will be converted to a flail mower somewhere in the near future, i'll post that in another thread)

/ Non 3pt tiller to 3pt mount conversion #2  
Did it work? Need pictures.

Would love a tiller, but looking at $1500 not $50!

/ Non 3pt tiller to 3pt mount conversion #3  
Hard to believe you can buy a complete tiller for $50.00, unless your in a poverty stricken area where the yearly wage is $100.00. Most are made to be around for many years with a ton of servicable parts.

/ Non 3pt tiller to 3pt mount conversion
Just back from 5 hours of continous tilling....

This 50$ tiller did not mis a beat.:p

Here is how she looks after my 3pt convertion rush

DSC00423.jpg

DSC00424.jpg

DSC00425.jpg

DSC00427.jpg

Cannot comment on anything. From first attempt working and did not find any problems with my setup.
We were tilling virgin ground, AG prepared ground, some vineyard, even and hilly patches (axial and crossaxial) and all worked perfectly well

DSC00430.jpg

DSC00434.jpg

Satisfied with the investment.:D

/ Non 3pt tiller to 3pt mount conversion #5  
Sounds like it did the trick for you, good job! Can you post a pic from the back and maybe from the side. It would be nice to see how you fab'ed the top bracket for the center link. Also, if 3pt tillers are scarce (or very expensive) in your part of the world, it sounds like you could make some money by converting those $50 tillers over to 3pt hitch attachments. Something to think about anyway......

/ Non 3pt tiller to 3pt mount conversion #6  
If I were to do it I think I would put 3/8x3 metal encompassing both bottom links to top link .

/ Non 3pt tiller to 3pt mount conversion #7  
What drove those tillers befors the conversion?

/ Non 3pt tiller to 3pt mount conversion #8  
here is a picture of my 3 point conversion.

Attachments

• new tractor hitch 014.JPG
    new tractor hitch 014.JPG
    138.2 KB · Views: 1,093
   / Non 3pt tiller to 3pt mount conversion #9  
What did they use to raise them up originally.
Bill

/ Non 3pt tiller to 3pt mount conversion #10  
What did they use to raise them up originally.
Bill

Hard to describe, but two-point tillers attach directly to the rod your lower three point arms pivot on (there are no lower arms on a two point system). Then, the two linkage rods that lift your lower arms (on a three point) connect directly to the tiller to raise and lower it. When raising a two point tiller, it rotates upward on that rod down by the drawbar........ instead of the whole tiller raising level to the ground like on a three point hitch. The PTO shaft on a two point tiller is only about six inches long.

Not a good picture...... but maybe this will help visualize?

Attachments

• ym1300.jpg
    ym1300.jpg
    129.1 KB · Views: 1,046