Home built hydroseeder

/ Home built hydroseeder #1  

Just2quickz28

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota BX 24
Has anyone built their own smaller scale hydroseeder? Every year I end up reseeding part of my lawn from damage caused during the winter as well as fixing up the paddock that gets destroyed by the horses during the winter. This is a lot of work each spring, rough up the ground, spread fertilizer, spread seed, roll the ground to press the seed in, spread hay/straw,...... you get the idea.

So I was toying with the idea of building a small scale hydroseeder. I have some 60 gallon tanks with screw on lids that I normally make rain barrels out of. Was thinking of taking 2 of these and plumb them into a pump and they purchase the hose and nozzles for the sprayer. So the pump is the biggest thing I am missing... should I just get a trash pump? or something else....

suggestions please

/ Home built hydroseeder #2  
Im not sure on the pumps Im about to buy a pump for my eroision control business to supplement my hay blower. I have built the agitator tanks and they are just a small tank with a bearing and a seal with an alemite on each end with a shaft and aggitator paddles to grind and mix the tackifiers.