Want to build a 3pt. brush rake

/ Want to build a 3pt. brush rake #1  

Peej

Bronze Member
Tractor
New Holland TC 35(primary), MF 165, JD 40T,
My hunting lease has been plaqued by ***%%# pulpwooders. The main one has been told to never come around again by the landowner but his mess is still there. I want to clear out some of the tree tops (pine) that are laying around spoiling food plot locations and maybe pulling out briars .I would like to build something similar to chickenmans scarifier. But I want to move it further back so the tree tops won't be so prone to loading up on the rear tires. Will be using it on NH TC35 2wd. Any ideas appreciated.

/ Want to build a 3pt. brush rake
Not to offend any one, the last pulpwooders raked and left tops etc, in a nice burnable pile,

/ Want to build a 3pt. brush rake #3  
There was a welding shop near where I work that tried to get into equipment fab. They built a rear rake out of 2by3 heavy tubing and it had a movavable jaw to fold down wit ha cylinder to clamp the load and take it away. They still have one I can get a picture for you next week. He built it in response to the big Ice storm we had in 94 and everyone went wild loggin off small stants of tree farms. I took an old trailertype Oliver chisel plow made from I beam and took all of the shanks off and welded a beam that was 2 times the width of the origianl machine and and put all the shanks o nthe back of it. It workd great But I dont have any pics of it.

/ Want to build a 3pt. brush rake #4  
Why not put the landscape rake on the front of your tractor using one of these.

If you have a loader, the root/grapple rake should work fine.

Attachments

• P8081352.jpg
    P8081352.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 263
  • wrlong9a.jpg
    wrlong9a.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 219
  • Xtreme_Grapple_Rake.jpg
    Xtreme_Grapple_Rake.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 240
   / Want to build a 3pt. brush rake #5  
Peej,

I don't know what a "chickenmans scarifier" is but from what you want to do, I can visualize making something that bolts onto the back of your box blade, saving you the trouble of making a 3PH frame and providing a little extra spacing from the tires.

One concern with a rear mounted brush pusher may be that compressed brush is so close to you, just waiting for a chance to break free and poke thru an opening. I had a trip to the emergency room from backing a bush hog into a thicket and a 4 inch diameter grape vine broke loose and hit me in the face. You'd have more steel protecting you but stuff happens. Just say'n...

John

/ Want to build a 3pt. brush rake
thanks guys, I don't have a fel or rear remotes so those are kinda out . May add rear remotes if not too $$$, I understand about backing into a pile of brush and being attatcked. I've used a roll over blade with some success but was wanting someting more like a 3 pt root rake I guess,