Hydraulic Dump Carry All

/ Hydraulic Dump Carry All #1  

DJ54

Elite Member
Tractor
IH Farmall 656 gas/ IH 240 Utility/ 2, Super C Farmalls/ 2, Farmall A's/ Farmall BN/McCormick-Deering OS-6/McCormick-Deering O-4/ '36 Farmall F-12/ 480 Case hoe. '65 Ford 2000 3 cyl., 4 spd. w/3 spd Aux. Trans
Here are a few pics of my dump carry all I built back in '02. Seems there is always some thing that needs cleaned up, hauled, etc. Don't mind loading stuff but sure hate to unload it..., LOL...

Nice for rocks that go in a wash, or brush to be carried to a place ot burn.

Guess I coipied the main frame from a HD bale carrier I bought. Then just doubled it, and used 3" channel for hinges, bored with a 1" hole, and 1" hinge rod.

I used a 2" cylinder, but a 3" would be better. I can pile enough dirt on there, that is about all the "Henry" wants :).., and all I care to shovel on at one time, without taking a break...

The hydraulic top link helps give a little more height, when lifting to dump.

I'm thinking back then I had around $150.00 in it. We have a scrap yard that took in cut off items, and you could buy for a few peinines over scrap cost. Wish they still did..!!

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    217.7 KB · Views: 1,180
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    237.1 KB · Views: 1,441
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    210.5 KB · Views: 1,592
   / Hydraulic Dump Carry All #2  
Very nice, looks like a factory built,
I was gonna say you need sides but like you say you can only lift so much before the front end will stand up.

What about a set of wheels underneath for the heavy loads, so the weight would be on the wheels not all on the tractor?

JB.

/ Hydraulic Dump Carry All
Wow..!! I love your ring roller...!! Sure could use one of those to roll out some 6' rings out of thinwall 1" square tubing, for making hay feeders... I made a hyd. press one, but sure takes time... I had in mind to make one, and using bottom rollers from a dozer. Maybe someday....

Very nice, looks like a factory built,
I was gonna say you need sides but like you say you can only lift so much before the front end will stand up.

What about a set of wheels underneath for the heavy loads, so the weight would be on the wheels not all on the tractor?

JB.
Yep, reckon you could, but Henry will carry al I want to shovel at one time... Then it's time to take a ride, and dump.... LOL...

/ Hydraulic Dump Carry All #6  
Nice work!! Looks like a solid unit that would stand up to some heavy duty work.

/ Hydraulic Dump Carry All #7  
Nice build! That's a great piece of equipment. I like the way you can lower it to the ground to load, then lift it to transport or dump. This could also double as a weight box.

What size is the flat deck? I could use something like this. I was thinking maybe a 4ft x 5ft deck would work for me.

Mike

The deck is 3' X 6'. Wanted it big enough to carry square bales if needed.. Sure was handy when tearing out old fence..., at least carrying the old posts to the burn pile.. Loaded them with the fork bucket on the Bobcat, tipped it forward a bit, so as not to loose them.. Back up to the pile and dump, and go get another load.

Sides and a small detachable tailgate would be sweet, if you did lots of bulk mulch work I guess... The applications for it are probably endless, and if a person built their own, could modify to suit their needs. I know I use it a lot..!!

/ Hydraulic Dump Carry All #9  
Thanks for the measurements.

I'm thinking put a solid headboard, and stake pockets for the sides. That way you could remove the sides to haul long items like your fence posts, and set them back on to haul bulk items.

The tailgate could swing from the top of the sides, with a trip lever operated from the seat, for dumping.

Hmmm.... I'll be digging in my scrap pile this afternoon. ;)

Mike

As I mentioned in the beginning..., a 3" cylinder would lift it much easier... After building it, and watchng it dump, I questioned whether it would lift easier reversing the cylinder, and pushing up from the front..., and anchoring to the bottom rear. Just seems there would be more leverage that way. As it is, like my dumptruck, you're lifting 3/4 of the way back under the load, and multiplying the force needed to lift... Although you may need a longer cylinder to acquire the amount of lift you desire...It has dumped everything I've ever piled on it, although a couple times I've had to throttle "Henry" up to do that. But that was wet/muddy dirt, and it was loaded to the gills... A little R&D to see if it would take the load, and test my welds, and weak points..., LOL... No breakage as of yet...

I thought one time of making and selling them... That was..., till the price of steel skyrocketed..!! Same as with my portable offground, roundbale feeder... Even using recycled conduit reels for most of it, just the expanded metal bottom, the sheet metal top, and a couple pieces of 1" angle, to rest and weld the rings to would drive the price up to high for the common user...

Designed, and built primarily for feeding roundbales to horses, I'm not sure most horse owners would pay that much for one... I've had several neighbors say I should build some to sell. Guess I could build another, and see.