Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: auto darkening lens #10

Yes mechanic, please get the part number.

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    7510 bota...RTV 900

Quote Originally Posted by Dongerosa View Post
    ditto on Stuart's comment. had mine 4 years now and still ticking.
    still ticking! 31 Dec 2012 Ditto with my "cheap azz chineeezze" plasma cutter for the 2005 time frame.

Tractor
    2009 Kubota RTV 900, 2009 Kubota B26 TLB & 2010 model LS P7010

I cant see them selling the lens for $10 when by adding $1 worth of plastic in shape of welding hood cost 30-50 depending on if it is on sale. Must be a mistake.
    I have a couple of the HF AD hoods and I have to keep the one I am using (other is still in the box) in the sunlight to keep the battery charged otherwise it wont darken for a few seconds. It wont burn your eyes even though it doesnt darken, just makes a few bright spots in you eyes.
    The hood is a couple years old and kept charged hanging on the wall up until a couple months ago when it stopped working. I took it out into the sun and left it a few days and it worked properly. I then make a hook to hang if directly in front of the shop window so it could get some sunlight since I havent been in the shop much in the last few months. I think this is what caused it to quit working properly just setting in the dark. I dont see any way to replace a battery in it, maybe it uses some kind of capacitor to hold the charge till the welding light charges the solar array. Anyway, if you have one, keep it in a well lighted place or exposed to some sunlight in order to keep it working right.
    Last edited by Gary Fowler; 12-31-2012 at 10:53 AM.
    2010 LS P-7010C 20F/20R gear tractor & FEL, 2009 Kubota B 26 TLB, RTV 900 Kubota,17 foot Lund boat with 70HP motor, 2012-20 ft 12k GVW trailer, 2011- 52" Craftsman ZTR mower, 2013 Ferris Zero Turn, 3 weed whackers, pressure washer, leaf blowers, 7 foot bush hog, 8 foot landscape rake , 8 foot 3 PH disc, 2 row cultivator, 350 amp Miller AC/DC welding machine and all the tools needed to keep them all repaired and running.

Silver Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L4600

I have found that if I put mine in the sun while i am running my leads and clamping all my work the helmet is good to go by the time I need it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12