Best DIY towable backhoe plans?

/ Best DIY towable backhoe plans?
I finally recieved a response from CDP. Apparently he has no pictures or any other info on the PRO800 or the Extend-A-Hoe. Seems a bit odd. If you are selling an item, you should be able to describe it right?

How many people have bought the CDP plans? Is this guy legit?

/ Best DIY towable backhoe plans? #12  
REPO, I have purchased from him awhile back, and he had photos of all his products. The kits I purchased were all laser cut, with bushings, and all the small metal. parts. I only had to purchase the 3 x 3, 4 x 4 stock. I also purchased the grapple that fits on the boom. I agree with you about the PRO-800 kit, he should have photos of it, or go out and take some. I purchased the 3 pt kit, and adapted it to my Power-Trac, which you can see in the pictures.

/ Best DIY towable backhoe plans? #14  
I built my backhoe from ubuildit plans and have gotten lots of use out of it. Built it 7 years ago. The learning curve was kind of steep for me as I had not done a lot of welding. Turned out ok and have only had to redo a few welds. Used a harbor freight welder and could have used a little more amps.

I found the cad plans after I started on my backhoe and I would probably go for one of their plans. They offer more options. That said the ubuild is a great little machine!:confused2::cool:

/ Best DIY towable backhoe plans? #15  
Were I to do a tow-able, I'd definitely want it to be able to move some on its own power. When I use our 3 point backhoe, I am always digging a bit, then moving it a few feet then digging some more. A bigger unit will be able to reach more, but something is always going to be just out of reach. I imagine the tow-ables can move themselves a foot or two at a time, but that would get old quick on a larger project.

/ Best DIY towable backhoe plans? #16  
I built my backhoe from ubuildit plans and have gotten lots of use out of it. Built it 7 years ago. The learning curve was kind of steep for me as I had not done a lot of welding. Turned out ok and have only had to redo a few welds...That said the ubuild is a great little machine!:confused2::cool:

I'm currently working on the ubuiltitplans backhoe. Overall it's been going together well, although now I'm down to the last major sub-assembly and the dipper arm plates are giving me a lot of trouble. With any luck I'll have the machine completely done -- painted and assembled -- by the end of May. If I have to completely re-do the plates... well... it will be longer.

/ Best DIY towable backhoe plans? #17  
P.F. Engineering.
I made a few minor modifications as is usually the case when building something. Like you I like the idea of a towable design. I guess you could say mine is towable as well. I bought a trailer that I can load the tractor and BH on. I wanted to build the trailer as well, especially since I work for a trailer manufacturer however, building two major projects at the same time would be more than I could handle, or the wife would allow!

rbuterfield, I too would like to build a backhoe for my 2320. How is it attached to the tractor and are the Hydraulics powered by the rear pto? Exactly what mods did you make. I was thinking of purchasing the P.F. Engineering plans.

/ Best DIY towable backhoe plans? #18  
I have the original Kelley 70 backhoe 3 pt hitch frame with oil tank I would like to sell. Would save a lot of work and welding. Just need to build & mount the hoe and stabilizers. Mine was converted to a fixed frame that mounts right to the tractor. PM me if interested.