Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Best DIY towable backhoe plans?

I have been reading tons of posts around the net trying to figure out what is the best plans available to build my own towable backhoe? I am leaning towards the CADplans version. I do want to have the angled main boom. (30 degrees?) as from what I have read, you can dig a little deeper.

I have NO experience with building these, so I was hoping that someone who has actually built one, or knows of different variations could give their opinion. I want the best possible design, for digging, comfort of operation, strength, etc.

If you have saved links, pictures, etc, they would be great!

Thanks in advance!

Tractor
    JD 2320

Default Re: Best DIY towable backhoe plans?

Quote Originally Posted by REPO View Post
    I do want to have the angled main boom. (30 degrees?) as from what I have read, you can dig a little deeper.
    I do not have any experience with the towable ones however I did recently complete one for my tractor. I too used the curved boom design.
    I am not certain however whether it contributes to digging depth, I was more of the impression it allowed you to dig closer the the tractor or in your case the transport frame.
    JD 2320, 200CX FEL, Snow Blade, Rotary Mower, 100 Gal 3 Pt Sprayer, Pallet Forks, Backhoe, Subsoiler (for pulling wire) and a Grapple as the next project.

So many projects.....so little time.... and money!

I have been reading your post, you did an amazing job. What plans did you buy?

Tractor
    JD 2320

P.F. Engineering.
    I made a few minor modifications as is usually the case when building something. Like you I like the idea of a towable design. I guess you could say mine is towable as well. I bought a trailer that I can load the tractor and BH on. I wanted to build the trailer as well, especially since I work for a trailer manufacturer however, building two major projects at the same time would be more than I could handle, or the wife would allow!
    JD 2320, 200CX FEL, Snow Blade, Rotary Mower, 100 Gal 3 Pt Sprayer, Pallet Forks, Backhoe, Subsoiler (for pulling wire) and a Grapple as the next project.

Tractor
    L2250 Kubota

Dear REPO
    I am also a new member and I am in the middle of installing a John Deere 46 backhoe subframe under a kubota. the hydraulics will be powered by the kubotas mid PTO when on the tractor and the backhoe will be unbolted from the subframe and rebolted to the towable. A 10 Hp diesel will power the backhoe as I have installed a filter and pressure relief and gauge under the grating of the hoe. It has two 8 foot quick connect wet lines. It should work because I have already did some playing using the kubotas remote valve.
    No pictures yet.
    Craig Clayton

Tractor
    JD 2320

Quote Originally Posted by Craig Clayton View Post
    Dear REPO
    I am also a new member and I am in the middle of installing a John Deere 46 backhoe subframe under a kubota. the hydraulics will be powered by the kubotas mid PTO when on the tractor and the backhoe will be unbolted from the subframe and rebolted to the towable. A 10 Hp diesel will power the backhoe as I have installed a filter and pressure relief and gauge under the grating of the hoe. It has two 8 foot quick connect wet lines. It should work because I have already did some playing using the kubotas remote valve.
    No pictures yet.
    Craig Clayton
    Sounds very interesting.
    Look forward to the photos.

Tractor
    Kubota BX2660

I don't have a suggestion for plans.....but here is a Canadian manufacturer of them that has lots of pictures of various sizes and configurations that might help.

Mini excavators by CanDig Mini Excavators Inc.

jake
    jake
    BX2660, plus weight box, middle buster and toothbar, and now Agri 40" rototiller, Brotek Wheel spacers ! oh and some home made forks too, and a Wallenstein BX42 Chipper and now a tow behind woodsplitter.and a TMI 48 Rotary Cutter..and 51 inch Agri Ease Snowblower...

Tractor
    Power-Trac 1445, KUBOTA B-9200HST

J.J.

When I works, I works hard. When I sits and thinks, I goes to sleep.

Git er done.

J J, the CDP plan is the one I have been looking at the most. The PRO800 with the Extend-A-Hoe option is the one I like. I am just waiting for more info from him on this system, as there are no good pictures or info on the website to make an educated decision.

Tractor
    Power-Trac 1445, KUBOTA B-9200HST

Here is my CDP-500/600? Needs a little more work. It has the grapple on it right now.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -8501fronthoe-1-jpg  
    J.J.

When I works, I works hard. When I sits and thinks, I goes to sleep.

Git er done.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast