Best DIY towable backhoe plans?

/ Best DIY towable backhoe plans? #1  

REPO

I have been reading tons of posts around the net trying to figure out what is the best plans available to build my own towable backhoe? I am leaning towards the CADplans version. I do want to have the angled main boom. (30 degrees?) as from what I have read, you can dig a little deeper.

I have NO experience with building these, so I was hoping that someone who has actually built one, or knows of different variations could give their opinion. I want the best possible design, for digging, comfort of operation, strength, etc.

If you have saved links, pictures, etc, they would be great!

Thanks in advance!

/ Best DIY towable backhoe plans? #2  
I do want to have the angled main boom. (30 degrees?) as from what I have read, you can dig a little deeper.
I do not have any experience with the towable ones however I did recently complete one for my tractor. I too used the curved boom design.
I am not certain however whether it contributes to digging depth, I was more of the impression it allowed you to dig closer the the tractor or in your case the transport frame.

/ Best DIY towable backhoe plans?
I have been reading your post, you did an amazing job. What plans did you buy?

/ Best DIY towable backhoe plans? #4  
P.F. Engineering.
I made a few minor modifications as is usually the case when building something. Like you I like the idea of a towable design. I guess you could say mine is towable as well. I bought a trailer that I can load the tractor and BH on. I wanted to build the trailer as well, especially since I work for a trailer manufacturer however, building two major projects at the same time would be more than I could handle, or the wife would allow!

/ Best DIY towable backhoe plans? #5  
Dear REPO
I am also a new member and I am in the middle of installing a John Deere 46 backhoe subframe under a Kubota. the hydraulics will be powered by the kubotas mid PTO when on the tractor and the backhoe will be unbolted from the subframe and rebolted to the towable. A 10 Hp diesel will power the backhoe as I have installed a filter and pressure relief and gauge under the grating of the hoe. It has two 8 foot quick connect wet lines. It should work because I have already did some playing using the kubotas remote valve.
No pictures yet.
Craig Clayton

/ Best DIY towable backhoe plans? #6  
Dear REPO
I am also a new member and I am in the middle of installing a John Deere 46 backhoe subframe under a Kubota. the hydraulics will be powered by the kubotas mid PTO when on the tractor and the backhoe will be unbolted from the subframe and rebolted to the towable. A 10 Hp diesel will power the backhoe as I have installed a filter and pressure relief and gauge under the grating of the hoe. It has two 8 foot quick connect wet lines. It should work because I have already did some playing using the kubotas remote valve.
No pictures yet.
Craig Clayton

Sounds very interesting.
Look forward to the photos.

/ Best DIY towable backhoe plans? #7  
   / Best DIY towable backhoe plans?
J J, the CDP plan is the one I have been looking at the most. The PRO800 with the Extend-A-Hoe option is the one I like. I am just waiting for more info from him on this system, as there are no good pictures or info on the website to make an educated decision.

/ Best DIY towable backhoe plans? #10  
Here is my CDP-500/600? Needs a little more work. It has the grapple on it right now.

Attachments

• 8501Fronthoe-1.jpg
    8501Fronthoe-1.jpg
    289.9 KB · Views: 27,990