Loader Mounted Quick Hitch

/ Loader Mounted Quick Hitch #13  
You can also do the top hooks like this.

Attachments

• rock bucket 1.jpg
    rock bucket 1.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 515
   / Loader Mounted Quick Hitch #14  
Runner that is pretty much exactly what I want. Do you have a total project cost?

Nice work, I wish you were closer might pay you to do it again lol :)

/ Loader Mounted Quick Hitch #15  
This is the best idea ever! You may think I'm crazy, but do you think if I did this, There would be a problem with using my 3 point backhoe up front from time to time? No downward pressure on the rear 3 point can be a real pain with a backhoe.

/ Loader Mounted Quick Hitch #16  
I did the same thing this Spring. I just welded a Q/A plate to the easy hitch.

I use it all the time for moving stuff around the yard, and I even use it to do some road work when I attach my landscape rake this setup. It's so much easier to use the landscape rake looking foward, instead of looking over my shoulder. I also feel I have more control over the lanscape rake when I have it attached to the loader arms.

I'm surprised more people haven't done this.

Stay COOL all!

Marc

/ Loader Mounted Quick Hitch
"Runner that is pretty much exactly what I want. Do you have a total project cost?"

Been awhile, but I think I got the HF quick hitch for about $70. The two pieces of channel iron were expensive, like $30 each. Seems like the JD pins and hooks were about $20 total (someone who's bought some recently can probably verify that). I'd say you could be into one for a couple of hundred.

I think if I was doing it again, I'd pop for the JD iMatch to use for the hitch because I think it's make better and the tolerances seem to work better with all my Frontier stuff.

From the beating a backhoe seems to give my tractor, I'd be leery about trying to use one mounted on the loader. Of course, my tractor will just barely lift the backhoe with the loader, so the question would probably academic with a 2520.

Maybe if it had a platform that would allow it to sit completely on the ground while in use? I still think it wuold be hard on the backhoe mounts.

/ Loader Mounted Quick Hitch #18  
I just bought the JD Hooks, gussets and pins for a snow plow project I am doing for my FEL. I paid JD over $70 for these 6 QD items. Not sure how you got those hooks for that money??

FWIW.....I would put gusset straps on the hooks like JD does. (see a JD bucket) I had a grapple on my loader that did not employ the strap re-enforcements......and it cost me some down-time and broken parts / repairs to my loader and grapple. Beware.

I can see using your set up for a trailer mover or a light duty landscape rake.....maybe a few other implements. But too much force on your loader arms may make for some bent loader issues IMO.

To the poster wanting to put a backhoe on his loader: What Kind of Kool Aide have you been drinking?? Yikes!! :confused2: That could make for a whole lot of force on those loader arms....no?

Last edited:
"FWIW.....I would put gusset straps on the hooks like JD does. "

That is excellent advice. I've been planning on doing it, but just haven't gotten around to it yet...

"I just bought the JD Hooks, gussets and pins for a snow plow project I am doing for my FEL. I paid JD over $70 for these 6 QD items. Not sure how you got those hooks for that money?? "

You're right the hooks and pins cost more than I remembered.

I just checked the receipt and the price was $22.50 for the hooks and $27.00 for the pins on November 10, 2008. Didn't buy the gussets, so your price is probably about right.

Guess I just rembered them being priced the way they should be, rather than the way JD thinks they should be...