Home made Backhoe

/ Home made Backhoe #1  

vicashoe

Tractor
Ford 860
This is one of many hoes I built. This one I am keeping. It is made from the basic plans of the CAD digger 708. I used 1/4" steel instead of the thinner walled steel the plans calls for. I added a Prince 6 spool hydraulic joystick valve. Along with hydraulic stabilizers that were designed afer a similar Woods hoe. The tank is a 4 gallon tank all hoses are 3/8" ID. The main mast was bent 7 degrees giving it an extra 1 foot approx. digging depth. I sacrificed reach for depth. So this hoe can now dig about 7-7 1/2' I also used a Prince gear pump with a flow control valve to vary the speed as I need. Very strong machine. Too strong for a 3 point. I intend to make a sub frame for my Ford 861. No welds were made from a mig welder. I used a DC arc welder using 7018 rods high heat and penetration. Needed for this machine. I will match this machine against any of the commerically built ones.

Attachments

• Backhoe 2007-2.JPG
    Backhoe 2007-2.JPG
    691.4 KB · Views: 12,269
   / Home made Backhoe #2  
A fine looking hoe vicashoe. Sounds like you did it right. ;)

/ Home made Backhoe #3  
Very nice hoe. Is your tractor green? I could have used that yesterday when I dug out a road to get to the far side of the property. I had to use the skidsteer since the road is on a steep hill. It used to be hills, now its flat, Oh, are you going to put a thumb on your hoe?

/ Home made Backhoe #4  
Looks great.....except for that Gawdawful paint that got spilled on it...
Oh well...that's why we have graffiti removal solvents.

/ Home made Backhoe #5  
Excellent hoe, after all it's a vicashoe! About how long does it take you to build one like that? The cylinders, are they 2.25" ID with a 1-3/8" rod? After enlarging the photo 400% I was trying to figure out where you rest your feet? I didn't see a foot rest or floor plate. Another question I have is how did you bend the curve in the plate to form the bucket?

Very impressive......

Larry

/ Home made Backhoe #6  
That is a very nice backhoe.

Post some action pics when you get the sub frame built.:)

/ Home made Backhoe #7  
very nice id like to build one like that someday

/ Home made Backhoe #8  
A very well built BH. Using 1/4" wall RHS and the 7 degree bend in the boom are a big
improvement, have always felt many HM backhoe plans endorse material that is to light.

/ Home made Backhoe #9  
I believe he cut out a thin notch and welded it back up. Is that right? That is what I did to mine.

/ Home made Backhoe #10  
Are one or two rams used on the swing. What is the swing angle?