JD 80 FEL Repair

/ JD 80 FEL Repair #1  

wsp617

Silver Member
Tractor
JD 1070
I just bought a JD 1070 with a 80 FEL. It works fine other than the holes for the pins (especially where the bucket pins are) are starting to get "egged-out". I was wonder if a guy could weld on a bushing and then use a longer pin.

Also, does anyone know the difference between a JD 80 FEL and the 440 model. I see them both on the 1070 units.

/ JD 80 FEL Repair #2  
Which bushings are sloppy ? Those in which the pins are fixed, or those in which the pins pivot ?
I replaced all bushings of the Veto FX12 loader i bought a few years ago, when i rebuilt it, added self levelling, quick attach.
Those were standard slide bearing bushings, of which i found the ordering number from the SKF website, then called an industrial retailer, which sold me the equivalent bearing from their supplier.

If its the slide bearing bushing, you can easily replace it. if its the fixed bushing, welding on a new one would definately be cheaper than having one of those mobile machinists come around to weld them from the inside and then machine back to original dimension. http://www.mobielkotteren.nl/index-english.htm