measure your tires on your bx 2360 kubota

/ measure your tires on your bx 2360 kubota #1  

garnet

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota bx 2360
I recently upgraded from my bx 1850 Kubota to a 2360. When it had arrived I had promptly switched over my loader to the new tractor. Much to my surprise the bucket of the loader had raised an inch and a half on the left side out of level. Thinking I had done something wrong because I had modified the brackets. I started rechecking all of my measurements and my son noticed the one of the rear tires seemed significantly larger then the other I checked the numbers on the side of the tires and everything matched up. I checked the air pressure and that was o.k. also. I then took two carpenter squares and used them like a set of calipers. To our surprise the one tire was exactly 1 inch larger in diameter. I promptly took the tires off and brought them too the dealership. They did everything I did and were just as surprised. They then went to the back of the lot and grabbed me two more, this set had only a 3/4 of an inch difference between them, and He then invited me to the back of the dealership, to pick out my own tires. After going through seven pallets we finally had found a set that matched within a quarter of an inch (the two tires with the largest difference between them was 1 1/2 inches) the dealership could not believe what had happened. Has anyone else ever had this problem? The guy at the dealership emailed Kubota and is waiting their response I know this because he sent me a copy.

/ measure your tires on your bx 2360 kubota #2  
I had this issue with a set of turfs on my B7510. I spent alot of time researching replacing tires to avoid tearing up my lawn, and was paying real close attention to diameters as I was actually considering getting some sort of aftermarket tires to be easier on my grass. Then,I got wrapped into the whole gear ration thing using 4wd, so I really started to scrutinize tires.

When I finally bought a new tractor instead with the tires I wanted, I noticed the front tires were substantially different in size. I returned to the dealer, too, and I went through many tires and finally took one that was an inch larger. After mowing my yard, however, I noticed the tires looked more of the same size. Measuring confirmed they were now in fact the same size. Apparently in the molding process, tires are not stressed and take on all different sizes and shapes. They can be disconfigured and bulbous or flat in one way on one tire, but not on another. I found that after my tires wre used a little and the tires were "kneaded" on the ground by driving while mowing, they all ssumed dimensions extremely close to one another.

/ measure your tires on your bx 2360 kubota #3  
Interesting. The front turfs on my GC2310 appeared to be different-- one looked more used than the other (no casing **** left on the wear surface). There was a difference in diameter, which I chalked up to the one being more worn... I supposed that there may have been a flat at the dealer, and a tire was removed from another machine to replace it before I got it. Don't really know, but maybe they were different to start with?

At any rate, I've adjusted the pressures just a bit, but the FEL still sits a bit low on one side. I just use it, however, hoping they'll eventually "wear in" and become closer. I had a thread on that somewhere... seems like an inch or so difference, but it doesn't appear to have created any problems. (Hope not, anyway!)

/ measure your tires on your bx 2360 kubota #4  
Interesting, but I'm curious how your LA203 loader fit on the 2360 which takes the LA243 loader - no clearance issues at the front end given the 1850 has a shorter wheel base?

I will be checking my tires this weekend, but nothing noticeable to the eye.

/ measure your tires on your bx 2360 kubota #5  
Re: measure your tires on bx 2360 kubota

WOW! I can't believe it, but I do know it. I'll be on the look out I'm looking to purcase BX 2660, and I do know kubota doesn't make it's own tires so the tire manufacturer is responsible in most of this matter. So Orange still rules!

/ measure your tires on your bx 2360 kubota #6  

Good grief,
That sound like the old Ford/Rolls Royce story.

Aren't they color dot coded ?

/ measure your tires on your bx 2360 kubota #7  

WOW! I can't believe it, but I do know it. I'll be on the look out I'm looking to purcase BX 2660, and I do know kubota doesn't make it's own tires so the tire manufacturer is responsible in most of this matter. So Orange still rules!

In what perverse alternate reality does "Orange still rules!" if they are buying freak out of spec tires ? (fer cheep).
Presumably this is under the guise of "saving our customers money while providing the best value" or some such cr*p.

/ measure your tires on your bx 2360 kubota #8  

I don't know what happened to my long-winded post reply from last night, but I said that I had the same problem on my last B7510. I finally found a front tire within an inch or so of the other and ran it. After I mowed a few times, the tires assumed the same diameter within a knats patoot. I think the molding process of the rubber, stacking in a wharehouse before use or put on a rim, etc makes them seem different sizes. Run your tire for a while and you should see what I mean. Freeky, but that's what I found. I was worried because I was going to try some aftermarket tires to minimize tearing up of my lawn when mowing and Kubota offered nothing I hadn't tried (then I found the bar turfs). I was concerened the diffrences in diameter would cause overwind in the gera case(s) when using 4WD. The diameter issue went away.

On Edit: Ahhhh, I found it. DOUBLE POSTING Garnet.... That's a NO NO!

Last edited:
   / measure your tires on your bx 2360 kubota
The loader I speak abought is the one I made . There is 2 inches in length between the 1850 and 2360 with one bolt hole not to hard to deal with . the tires on the 1850 were ok it was still hear to compair it hadent been picked up yet.

/ measure your tires on your bx 2360 kubota

I ownly looked at the terf not bar dont know about them