Electric chute motor for snowblower

/ Electric chute motor for snowblower #1  

fototek1

Has anyone built their own electric chute control motor? I am trying to figure out what motor to use for the control. How did you build yours?

Thanks,
Scott

/ Electric chute motor for snowblower #2  
Windshield wiper or power window motors would work.
Search the forums and you will find some nice projects.
Welcome to TBN

/ Electric chute motor for snowblower #3  
I'm considering one of the cheapie winches from Harbor Freight for mine, I know other folks have done the same - has the remote, bi-directional control, yada yada yada.

/ Electric chute motor for snowblower #4  
IMO, If you want it to work ALL THE TIME, Every Time. Dont go electric...If you want to invent swear words never before heard by humans because the bleepin thing doesnt work, then by all means go electric.

If you want it to work ALL the time, in any & every condition. Hydraulic rotation is your friend. I know last year mine was caked with Ice, frozen solid on more then one occasion and it always turned smooth as silk.

Think of it this way...if electric rotation was so great and worked so good, every snowblower MFG would offer it.

/ Electric chute motor for snowblower #6  
Has anyone built their own electric chute control motor? I am trying to figure out what motor to use for the control. How did you build yours?

Thanks,
Scott

I've got mine almost done. Chute rotates, now the spout has to tilt. Pictures will follow once it's done.

/ Electric chute motor for snowblower #7  
I started to make a rotator with an electric window motor but then Princess Auto had a hydraulic motor on sale and it looks like a really good match for the rotator. As was said before, when it just has to work, hydraulic is the best answer. Electric window motors have good torque for their size though and are cheap:D.

/ Electric chute motor for snowblower #8  
I still have to do some wiring, but here are the pics:

Attachments

• P8120054.jpg
    P8120054.jpg
    321.8 KB · Views: 8,133
  • P8120052.jpg
    P8120052.jpg
    391.7 KB · Views: 3,751
  • P8120060.jpg
    P8120060.jpg
    407 KB · Views: 3,194
  • P8120057.jpg
    P8120057.jpg
    204.9 KB · Views: 1,771
   / Electric chute motor for snowblower #9  
Nice Job! That should come in real handy this winter... Now, for some action shots.:D

/ Electric chute motor for snowblower #10  
Where I live we have no use for these things when it snows only about 1 inch here there is more vehicles in the median and ditch than there is in the road. we only get a heavy snow here about once every 5 to 10 years . does anyone have a good snowmaker for sale? I want to make some side money with my 4 wheel drive pick up lol zman