Heater Hoses in tractor Cab ?????

/ Heater Hoses in tractor Cab ????? #31  
Highest heat and almost highest pressure is just prior to the thermostat. Return the coolant to the water pump inlet. Otherwise the heater output will be somewhere between lousy and nothing. There are several past posts here about cab heaters with air locks at the highest point and no flow. Because the there is not enough pressure to push the air down several feet in height . Could not get some folks to understand that however.

Agree to all of this.

/ Heater Hoses in tractor Cab ????? #32  
Frost plug heater - has anyone mounted one on a l4330?

It says it is threaded but I don't see where - a picture would be great

Thanks

/ Heater Hoses in tractor Cab ????? #33  
Hello everyone. I am installing my freeze plug heater kubota part number 70000-00297 today and I may have messed up. I didn't want to take the Hyd pump off since thats what the instruction say. Instead I removed the freeze plug on the left hand side (driver side) in the center of the r find since this was fairly easy to access. After removal, I can see that there is not a thru hole past the freeze plug. I would like to know what the block casting looks like in the correct location. If it is the same as the casting on the left then I have no concerns. If anyone out there remembers what the freeze plug block looked like on a l4330 after removal, please please call or text me at 262-719-4047

/ Heater Hoses in tractor Cab ????? #34  
Well the install on the left side of the block went fine, I am looking forward to my coolant heater in the cab as well as the block freeze plug heater !

Just a reminder to everyone, these block heaters stay on, there is no thermostatic switch to shut off

So limit the amount of on time by a couple of hours, not overnight !

/ Heater Hoses in tractor Cab ????? #35  
Just a reminder to everyone, these block heaters stay on, there is no thermostatic switch to shut off

So limit the amount of on time by a couple of hours, not overnight !

That or install a timer, remote switch or again a wireless switch that uses a 'key fob' type switch.

/ Heater Hoses in tractor Cab ????? #36  
Hello again - I finished the cab heater install and I don't seem to be pumping the coolant thru the heat exchanger

I will try to attach a picture of my supply / pump outlet - can anyone confirm this location will pump / flow by using the water pump

My return is on the right side of the engine, there was a same hose coming off the fuel pump.

/ Heater Hoses in tractor Cab ????? #37  
Here's a picture of my pump out / supply

2wp6tsh.jpg

/ Heater Hoses in tractor Cab ????? #38  
Hello everyone - I am a bit frustrated since I can not seem to be getting heat to my coolant heater.

I changed my plumbing such that I have my supply to the heat exchanger coming out of the 1/2" hose barb, then my return for the heat exchanger goes to the 5/8" hose barb which is located on the thermostat housing. See picture below. I did add a "t" to my supply simply to try to diagnosis why I can't get engine heat to my heat exchanger.
I would really appreciate if someone could confirm my plumbing is correct.
2nhdl4i.jpg

/ Heater Hoses in tractor Cab ????? #39  
I can't tell you about the plumbing setup, but I can tell you that the maximum temperature rating for PVC pipe is 140 degrees F. For CPVC it is 200 degrees F.

I don't know what that grey pipe is, but I suspect PVC. You are exceeding its rating by a huge amount in that application. This is not safe.

/ Heater Hoses in tractor Cab ????? #40  
nvr-enuf, that looks ok to me, you may just have an air block, what I would do is, take your "return" thats coming out of your heater and disconnect it at the " engine In", with the tractor running, until you see anti freeze/fluid coming out of the hose, then reinstall it. You'll need to block the hole where you pulled the hose from, just put a small piece of hose in its place with a bolt or something to block the hose. When fluid starts coming out, pull the little piece of hose off and install your output from the heater back in.This will purge the air out of the hoses and your heater core. Make sure you have some fluid to refill your rad.