Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default 3 point hitch hitch and then some.

Has 2 reese style hitches one for the gooseneck trailers, and the other for your tag along trailers. Has one drawbar for pulling my large leveler. The weight bracket holds about 10 43 lbs. JD wights. On top is a place to run hydraulic lines for the hydraulic cylinder. Not pictured is a stand that gets pinned in the lower reese style hitch. While the hitch is on the tractor you place the stand in to the lower hitch, and pin it. Then lower the hitch and un pin it from the 3 point. Drive out and the hitch can sit there with the weights until you need it again. Fun build and works GREAT!!

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    John Deere 4720 Cab

Default Re: 3 point hitch hitch and then some.

Thats a good way to haul several different things with just one item. Are the lower lift arms modified to be a quick hitch style?

I will probally tell you wrong but its a farmall quick hitch with quick release 3 point arms installed in to the quick hitch. I bought it and believe it is pretty old, also has a brand name on it.

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Ford 960, 7700, TW20, 1720; IHC H, 300; Ollie S77

Quote Originally Posted by Chances R View Post
    I will probally tell you wrong but its a farmall quick hitch with quick release 3 point arms installed in to the quick hitch. I bought it and believe it is pretty old, also has a brand name on it.
    Not to be picky, but I think you mean the IHC tractor has the 2-point Fast Hitch setup that IHC had?

And you have these push-in adaptors that happen to have quick-hitch setup on the end, instead of just balls.

Neat.

--->Paul

"Ranchin'" on a 1/4 of a 1/4 in Seminole County, Oklahoma!
    Tractor
    2004 Kubota M4800 SU

Very handy! I've got a similar attachment without the weights. Mine started out as a 3ph fork lift and grew into a trailer mover and is in the stage of becoming a gin pole adapter as well. I've still got to get the 2" receiver's intalled for the gin poles and get the poles made. Also, need to get my 2 5/16" gooseneck ball mounted on top. Work in progress below. The last picture is my partner in crime on the project!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 3 point hitch hitch and then some.-sd530717.jpg   3 point hitch hitch and then some.-sd530764.jpg   3 point hitch hitch and then some.-sd530766.jpg   3 point hitch hitch and then some.-sd530729.jpg  
    Jay

The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.
    Thomas Jefferson

If My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14 NKJV

Quote Originally Posted by rambler View Post
    Not to be picky, but I think you mean the IHC tractor has the 2-point Fast Hitch setup that IHC had?

And you have these push-in adaptors that happen to have quick-hitch setup on the end, instead of just balls.

Neat.

--->Paul
    See I told ya wrong. I am new to the Farmall tractors. I have a 706 and I like it.

Tractor
    Kubota B7800

I made something along the same idea last year too. It works great. Mine was thought out along the lines of 3ph weight / trailer hitch / haul wood in tree length. It weights about 70-80 lbs and I can add about 600 lbs of steel/lead weights to that.
    When I haul firewood or pull a trailer I keep it around 300lbs just for extra traction but for heavy loader work I add all the weight I can.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 3 point hitch hitch and then some.-3ph-multy-tool006-sm.jpg   3 point hitch hitch and then some.-3ph-multy-tool005-sm.jpg   3 point hitch hitch and then some.-3ph-multy-tool001-sm.jpg  
    It's the going that counts not the distance!

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    century 2535

that 706 is a good machine and easy to work on - you're gonna like it.
    nice hitch setup, too.
    Erik
    Mahindra 3510, box blade, pallet forks, 6' KK mower...

Tractor
    Kubota B7800

Here is another image I just found that would show a little more how it works. The two receiver tubes in the lower corners take 2x2" tube that I welded a rod into. I can put another 120 lbs of gym weights onto each of those when needed. The log pulling happens from two points. I have two chains that have a slip hook on one end and a grab hook on the other. I loop the chain around the log and hook it onto one of the top grab hooks. Then I hook the chain's grab hook back onto the chain just above where it comes out of the slip hook and slide the slack part into one of the lower hooks. That way the pulling force comes from the lower link arms and my contraption only has to hold the logs off the ground. The tube with the hook on top is also 2" receiver material, but I haven't a particular use for that yet. May be you guys can give me some ideas. I used it because i had the extra steel.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 3 point hitch hitch and then some.-compost004sm.jpg  
    It's the going that counts not the distance!

"Ranchin'" on a 1/4 of a 1/4 in Seminole County, Oklahoma!
    Tractor
    2004 Kubota M4800 SU

Nice! Necessity is definately the mother of OUR inventions!
    Jay

The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.
    Thomas Jefferson

If My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14 NKJV

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast