Anyone Ever Built a Manure Spreader?

/ Anyone Ever Built a Manure Spreader? #1  

Iplayfarmer

Tractor
Massey Ferguson 1215, Case 801B
So I was pricing Manure Spreaders today just for fun, and I was floored at the prices even of used spreaders.

Has anyone out there ever built a manure spreader? What did you use? How much did it cost? Was it worth it?

/ Anyone Ever Built a Manure Spreader? #3  
I too am looking for a spreader prices are high. Manure I have is well aged almost dirt not that wet at all a shredder would better for me I believe.

Would like to see if anyone comes up with a DIY build.

/ Anyone Ever Built a Manure Spreader? #5  
So I was pricing Manure Spreaders today just for fun, and I was floored at the prices even of used spreaders.

Isn't it crazy what they cost? Even those little ones are very pricey.

/ Anyone Ever Built a Manure Spreader? #6  
Im looking to make a similar one myself. I need one without a beater to help tun my compost windrows by loading it into that pto driven spreader while its parked. That way it will completely mix my windrow and help break down the chunks of leaves. The old ones are hard to find and the graound drive wont work. I saw one made from a set of feeder house chains and sprokets from an old combine. acutall ythey used 2 feed house units bolted togeter and a beat uit that made it. I want to build the same thing without the beater. You could start there I think if the scrappers havent got them all they can be had for cheap.

I also and planning one made from an old fuel tank like on on farmshow. a side discharge type or flail type.

/ Anyone Ever Built a Manure Spreader?
   / Anyone Ever Built a Manure Spreader? #8  
Farmer, I've got a seed and fertilizer spreader like pictured below and use it to spread very dry equine (horse and mule) manure. Works quite well for my needs. Lays down a pretty good blanket of fertilizer.

Jay

Attachments

• spreader-for-planting-1714.jpg
    spreader-for-planting-1714.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 2,222
   / Anyone Ever Built a Manure Spreader? #9  
Farmer, I've got a seed and fertilizer spreader like pictured below and use it to spread very dry equine (horse and mule) manure. Works quite well for my needs. Lays down a pretty good blanket of fertilizer.

I'm curious as to what happens if a rock gets in there? Seems like a few always get mixed up with the manure/compost type stuff.