Air compressor?????

/ Air compressor????? #1  

BHD

Veteran Member
Tractor
JD 4020
AIR compressor questions,

I have a old LeRoi Dresser compressor head, my son found in his scrap iron dealings, it was on a old bet thinning machine, (I never saw the machine)

I have little experience with larger engine driven compressors,

the head is free and looks like it should work

it is set up for 1000 rpm tractor PTO,

Pictures should be able to be seen here
Image hosting, free photo sharing & video sharing at Photobucket

any one know what the stuff is on the end centrifugal unloader (there is a cut rubber hose on the bottom of the Tee.

can a regular unloader be used on this machine and if so how to plumb it in.

or will a atmospheric unloader be needed in the out put line from the heads?

I have a but a 200 gallon propane tank I would like to hook up to it,

IT is only single stage,

(one person guessed it was a 60 cu min head), about 15 hp to run it) any one have a clue on its capacity?

/ Air compressor?????
Thank you all who looked at the post, I finally found some one who knew of the unit and finally figured out who was the current owner of the line and was able to get a manual and parts listing,

and for the information this unit has a oil pressure unloader, if the oil pressure is not built up it stops pumping, the oil pressure pushes a pistion that opens the heads,

and the other lines must have been some control lines specific to the units former operation,

but thanks again for looking,

/ Air compressor?????
the pump came off a machine that once thinned sugar beets, (I never saw the machine and do not know how it worked),
It is rated at 60 CFM by the manufacture, at about 800 rpm,

and since it was a farm implement I am going to put it on a trailer and use the tractor PTO (since it has the PTO shaft one it) to power it,

I have about a 200 to 250 gallon tank that I am going to use, (the tank is rated for 250 working pressure),

the pump is only a single stage unit and should be good for 100 to 120 PSI,

but since most every thing I have is usually rated for 100 PSI, it should work well,

I have few needs for that kind of volume of air currently, but it should run an air jack hammer if I ever run across one, (I have an electric one and it as yet to let me down on any thing I have asked of it),
the other place is the potential of sand blasting, (there have been times where I really wished I would have had the machinery to do a real job of it, (the small compressor stuff, I have dealt with in the past is mostly a toy, and very finicky IMO).

but I have a project where I will need the portability and the volume of air and possible the pressure,

so I figured it would be a good time to set it up,

I probably will not use it very often but it will be nice when I do need it, (I have a good good true 5 HP two stage in the shop, on a 60 gallon tank.