BX loader bucket grapple

/ BX loader bucket grapple #1  

HarleyScooter

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota/ BX2230
I finally had some time to start the bucket grapple. I tryed to make it light weight but still strong and this is what I came up with. These pictures are the base plate for the grapple.

Attachments

• Grapple base1.jpg
    Grapple base1.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 781
  • Grapple base4.jpg
    Grapple base4.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 737
  • Grapple base5.jpg
    Grapple base5.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 709
  • Grapple base6.jpg
    Grapple base6.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 648
   / BX loader bucket grapple
Here are the arms for the grapple, I used 5/8" cat 0 pins to attach it to the base bracket. I drilled the mounting points on the arms for grease fittings. I have the cylinder, fittings and hose's, I will try to get all that hooked up today and get more pictures.

Attachments

• Gapple1.jpg
    Gapple1.jpg
    139.8 KB · Views: 733
  • Gapple2.jpg
    Gapple2.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 611
  • Gapple3.jpg
    Gapple3.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 1,075
  • Gapple4.jpg
    Gapple4.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 649
  • Gapple6.jpg
    Gapple6.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 609
  • Gapple5.jpg
    Gapple5.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 543
   / BX loader bucket grapple #3  
That looks like beautiful work. But I have a comment. I don't have a grapple but I imagine that actually seeing what you are trying to grab may be difficult, so I often wonder why grapples don't have a tooth bar or something similar running between the tips of the arms. Wouldn't that make pulling small stumps or posts out of the ground easier? I have a 4in1 and one advantage is that I dont have to be able to see what I'm trying to grab. I just drive up to it 'til I hit it, then close the claw, and yank.

/ BX loader bucket grapple #4  
Looks really good. What are the other two attach fittings on top of the bucket for. I am going to do the same, but I have to build a bucket first.

/ BX loader bucket grapple #5  
Those are for his forks. Info on those on a different thread

/ BX loader bucket grapple #6  
Nice work as always Scooter!

That looks like beautiful work. But I have a comment. I don't have a grapple but I imagine that actually seeing what you are trying to grab may be difficult, so I often wonder why grapples don't have a tooth bar or something similar running between the tips of the arms. Wouldn't that make pulling small stumps or posts out of the ground easier? I have a 4in1 and one advantage is that I dont have to be able to see what I'm trying to grab. I just drive up to it 'til I hit it, then close the claw, and yank.

alchemysa, you are correct it is hard to see what is going on in front of the bucket. As far as the tooth bar on the grapple, I guess it depends on what you are going to use it for. I only have plans to use it to pick up brush and to lift logs to make cutting to length easier.
I do see where a tooth bar would be very handy for some jobs.

Well it is all hooked up and operational. I played with it a little and it seems like it will work good for my jobs. I want to try it with the forks next, but i am not sure how much I will be able to lift it feels pretty heavy now??????

Attachments

• Grapple7.jpg
    Grapple7.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 484
  • Grapple8.jpg
    Grapple8.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 470
  • Grapple9.jpg
    Grapple9.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 854
  • Grapple10.jpg
    Grapple10.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 596
  • Grapple12.jpg
    Grapple12.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 416
  • Grapple13.jpg
    Grapple13.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 1,960
  • Grapple14.jpg
    Grapple14.jpg
    110.9 KB · Views: 569
   / BX loader bucket grapple #9  
Harley,

You make nicer BX stuff than Kubota does.

KB