Don't laugh

/ Don't laugh #1  

Sprocket1

Bronze Member
Tractor
JD2305 JD5205
This is a combination of an old AC planter frame, Ford cultivator parts, an old water tank section for the moldboard, and a discarded motorgrader cutting edge.
I am into taking useless stuff and making something else out of it. The lean of the blade is extremely forward on purpose. I recently filled in a pond. After discing the ground I wanted something that would fill low spots and knock off the high spots. It is designed to do only that and nothing else. It does not angle or roll back to a more agressive cut. The red wheels are going to be yellow very soon.
Believe it or not, it is almost fun to look back at this blade working. It works 47 times better than I had hoped for. It is heavy enough to stay on the ground and yet light enough to smooth and fill. Oh, BTW, I have less than $50 in it.
Forgot to say. It is 7' wide.

Attachments

• IMG00138.jpg
    IMG00138.jpg
    888 KB · Views: 1,198
Last edited:
   / Don't laugh #2  
This is a combination of an old AC planter frame, Ford cultivator parts, an old water tank section for the moldboard, and a discarded motorgrader cutting edge.
I am into taking useless stuff and making something else out of it. The lean of the blade is extremely forward on purpose. I recently filled in a pond. After discing the ground I wanted something that would fill low spots and knock off the high spots. It is designed to do only that and nothing else. It does not angle or roll back to a more agressive cut. The red wheels are going to be yellow very soon.
Believe it or not, it is almost fun to look back at this blade working. It works 47 times better than I had hoped for. It is heavy enough to stay on the ground and yet light enough to smooth and fill. Oh, BTW, I have less than $50 in it.

I like that part. Sounds like a well built rear scraper blade with transport wheels to me!

Rock on! :)

/ Don't laugh #3  
Good lookinng impliment.

Any chance of getting some video of it in action and posting it on Youtube?

Eddie

/ Don't laugh
Thanks. This thing acts like a land leveler. Does a really good job of smoothing. Sorry, I don't know how to do the Utube videos. It is painted up for winter. I don't think I will have anything else to do with it unless it stops raining and warms up .

/ Don't laugh #6  
Oh, BTW, I have less than $50 in it.

I'm not laughing at all!- I just can't understand why I can't find a deal like that.:eek:

That is very nice!- And 7' wide is great!

I also would like to see a video of it in action.

/ Don't laugh #10  
Looks great!! No laughing over here!!! Just that I'd like to see your "Expectation vs. Performance" formula!! By your pride factor, I'd calculate that it performs 53.73, better than expected! Add 3.78 points for only a $50- expenditure, = 57.51, awe heck, call it 60! (once you get the wheels painted) :D :D :D Nice work!!! ~Scotty