She's DONE! - Power Rake Build

/ She's DONE! - Power Rake Build #1  

Spudland_Dave

Veteran Member
Tractor
Deere 3520 Cab, Deere F935
After many months of working "here & there" on it, she's finally "done" to the point of being able to be called a power rake...tested her out and she works beautifully.
I still need to build the end plates, gauge wheels and the rubber deflector over the drum, but quite honestly with the weather the way its going, I think mounting the snowblower will be my next project :D

Attachments

• DSC01159.JPG
    DSC01159.JPG
    390.6 KB · Views: 5,231
  • DSC01165.JPG
    DSC01165.JPG
    338.5 KB · Views: 2,320
  • DSC01169.JPG
    DSC01169.JPG
    387.6 KB · Views: 5,525
  • DSC01158.JPG
    DSC01158.JPG
    375.4 KB · Views: 2,944
Last edited by a moderator:
   / She's DONE! - Power Rake Build #2  
That looks great, very professional. Now I have to ask a dumb question - what do you use it for?

Dave.

/ She's DONE! - Power Rake Build #3  
That looks great, very professional. Now I have to ask a dumb question - what do you use it for?

Dave.

thanks for asking the "dumb question" Dave, if you hadn't I would have. :)

/ She's DONE! - Power Rake Build #4  
That looks great, very professional. Now I have to ask a dumb question - what do you use it for?Dave.

It's used as, just as the name implies a "power rake"

I have never used one, but have always wanted to try one on some dirt roads I help maintain in a private lakefront community I work for. The roads there are typically so hard packed that my rake doesn't always like to cut the surface.

Nice job on the rake. Is it built totaly from scratch or is it one you rebuilt ?

Attachments

• T6.jpg
    T6.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 2,478
   / She's DONE! - Power Rake Build #5  
Very very nice. Love the detail like the decals.;)

Chris

/ She's DONE! - Power Rake Build #7  
Looks great! What gearing are you using at the gearbox? I take it that it is also chain driven. Is it geared up or down there as well?

/ She's DONE! - Power Rake Build #8  
Thats great ... and real quality work ... Ya did good!!

/ She's DONE! - Power Rake Build
Nice job on the rake. Is it built totaly from scratch or is it one you rebuilt

Thanks! Built it totally from scratch...I'll post more pics tomorrow of the build process.

4440 said:
What gearing are you using at the gearbox? I take it that it is also chain driven. Is it geared up or down there as well?

Gearbox is a 2:1 unit which is what the Harley uses. Correct on the chain drive, and I took the liberty of gearing it down slightly there too... 18 tooth drive, 22 tooth driven sprocket, I have a 22 tooth sprocket here "spare" just in case I find its too slow...but I dont think it will be a problem, in doing my research for this build I think I'm right excactly where I need to be...