Another home made tractor

/ Another home made tractor #1  

Kernopelli

Veteran Member
Tractor
Mitsubishi MTE2000D, Dig It 258 Mini Ex, Deere Z930A ZTR
With some recent home made tractor threads on TBN, I thought this might be interesting to some members. This guy has some major time, money and skills invested. I assume he's using a VW TDI diesel, he's made a FWD w/super steer front end. Wish he had some finished Vid's of it. Unfortunately, these are just "teasers".

YouTube - Homemade VW SUPER STEER tractor. placeoface@vipmail.hu
YouTube - New homemade VW tractor first engine start. placeoface@vipmail.hu
YouTube - Making of the new VW tractor... placeoface@vipmail.hu
YouTube - placeoface's Channel

/ Another home made tractor #2  
very interesting, thanks for sharing

/ Another home made tractor #3  
yes, it would be interesting to see it in action. looks pretty cool, but can it do what your tractor can :)

/ Another home made tractor #4  
Now that is some impressive homecooked engineering. Is that engine aircooled?? I see no fan, although there are two pulleys with no belt on them. Maybe a fan and radiator to be added later?? Also, that seat looks to be pretty plush compared to most tractor seats. I'll give him style points for that!

/ Another home made tractor
yes, it would be interesting to see it in action. looks pretty cool, but can it do what your tractor can :)

I don't know...probably not in every situation. That is the major problem with about every home made tractor I've seen. Some favorable aspects of this particular tractor are obviously going to be power and weight compared to 25-35 hp compacts that are about the same physical size. This likely has +/- 100 hp/150 lb/ft torque and appears like it could weigh up to twice that of comparable compacts in this wheel base class. Factor in the ultra cool super steer and yes, it has a real chance at working better than a comparably sized factory compact machine at some things like plowing snow or pulling ground engaging implements. It is also going to be quite maneuverable, especially if he incorporates individual rear wheel brakes. The ultimate "cool factor" will depend on sheet metal but my guess is, this guy has the skills to make this machine look and function like a tractor.

I think most of us agree that the true appeal of the home made tractor is not the hope that it is better than a factory unit but the fact it is hand crafted and individually designed. I have fabbed some things I'm proud of but nothing even close to the skill level involved in making something like this. There are only a hand full of guys here on TBN that could even begin to do what this man has...maybe your one of them. I'm not but even if I was, I could still give this guy "props" for his abilities. This is probably the best example of a home made tractor that I've seen.