Lincoln welder ???

/ Lincoln welder ??? #1  

Hooked_on_HP

Veteran Member
Tractor
Ford 1900 FWD Kubota F2100E
I am looking at a weld pak 175 and a weld pak 180. For some reason the 175 is more than the 180.Is it better? I am trying to find the specs. on these welders but can't find anything on Lincolns site. Did they stop making these? My main question is whether the controls for the wire and power are taped or infinite.
Bill

/ Lincoln welder ??? #2  
i have the 175. it's positive stops for the heat and feed adjustment. does come with hose and guage for bottle. very nice little machine. i use it up to 1/4" after that i use stick. the 175 is made for home depot and you can find it on the lincoln web site where it says consumer products (i think) but the are all listed there. differant model numbers are for differant sellers (home epot, lowes, etc.) but pretty much the same machines. do your research at the lincoln site. you won't regret your purchase.

/ Lincoln welder ???
I finally found the info on Lincoln's site. Both welders have taped controls. Do you have any problem matching wire speed to heat with the taped controls? Is there anything you don't like about the 175. I will be using it for 1/4" and under. Anything heavier I tig or stick. I wish I could justify spending the money for a power mig 255 like I have at work.
Bill