Mini Dozer - Project near complete

/ Mini Dozer - Project near complete #151  
Just remember that you are working with both load and internal brake when reversing the winch.

Thanks for the thought!
I offered that scheme for the OP to consider for his blade - since I recall he already has a winch in the "someday" pile, and wanted down-pressure.

\greg

/ Mini Dozer - Project near complete
Sounds like an interesting idea with the winch controlling the blade. I have seen a few sites that use a chain connected to a winch as lift. Not to mention many older fork lifts work on a similar idea. Check out the atv attachment.

MultiMate ? Multi-Utility Attachment Systems

Currently mini dozer down the road at the neighbor痴 house in his garage. He used it to move fill behind the garage. Unit keeps on going. I have not made the drive line improvement yet because I have been waiting for things to fail and they haven't. The improvements to track slides have done wonders for keeping the tracks on the unit. I have a small list of minor improvements on the to do list.

Will post any improvements.

/ Mini Dozer - Project near complete #153  
Joined just for this build. Stayed up way too late to read and research it all. This is exactly what I was looking for. I have settled on a mini-dozer for my small property that needs lots of "little" jobs done. I am looking to practically replicate this build hoping to learn from your successes, as I am starting with almost the same tractor.
Any aversion to me adapting your design? I was thinking of creating a build log with part numbers and such for sourcing. Possibly even some drawings; Open Source so other more experienced builders like yourself can add some sanity and wisdom. It seems like there is a lot of interest here and I think it would be cool to a have something documented people can work off of. Your build thread is the most informative I have found so far.

/ Mini Dozer - Project near complete #154  
Joined just for this build. Stayed up way too late to read and research it all. This is exactly what I was looking for. I have settled on a mini-dozer for my small property that needs lots of "little" jobs done. I am looking to practically replicate this build hoping to learn from your successes, as I am starting with almost the same tractor.
Any aversion to me adapting your design? I was thinking of creating a build log with part numbers and such for sourcing. Possibly even some drawings; Open Source so other more experienced builders like yourself can add some sanity and wisdom. It seems like there is a lot of interest here and I think it would be cool to a have something documented people can work off of. Your build thread is the most informative I have found so far.

Please do start a build log. I love seeing these projects come together.

Welcome to TBN.

/ Mini Dozer - Project near complete #155  
I know this thread is over a year old ,but.... I also live near Houston and am wondering where i might pickup some of these used golf course
machines ??

/ Mini Dozer - Project near complete #156  
I know this thread is over a year old ,but.... I also live near Houston and am wondering where i might pickup some of these used golf course
machines ??

Check local classifieds for equipment auctions.You can also inquire at golf course service departments.Around here it is hard to score golf course equipment.What is sold is usually what can't be repaired any more,or is severely damaged.

/ Mini Dozer - Project near complete #157  
Check local classifieds for equipment auctions.You can also inquire at golf course service departments.Around here it is hard to score golf course equipment.What is sold is usually what can't be repaired any more,or is severely damaged.

The ones I've picked up have been in the category of "can't be repaired or severely damaged." There are usually enough parts on them, though, to make a lot of fun stuff... valves, pumps, wheel motors, cylinders. Usually it's the motor that is shot.

/ Mini Dozer - Project near complete
Originally Posted by matthewmdn

Matthewmdn,

No problem with adapting the design. Let me know if you have additionals questions. I have not done much more with dozer than my last items. I still want to change the drive system just because the dirt and snow keep causing problems in the 50 pitch chain I am using from the hydraulic motor to the drive axle.

Good luck.

/ Mini Dozer - Project near complete #159  
How about an electric/hydraulic snow plow pump? You could incorporate it as a lift mechanism for a 3 point hitch and plumb the angle function into the front blade to provide up and down pressures. It sounds like you have enough alternator to keep the system charged and the mounting/ plumbing/ electrical would all be super simple, plus used plow pumps can be found cheap.

/ Mini Dozer - Project near complete #160  
Good idea on the snow plow pump. Try Angelos they have cheap prices or ebay.

Chris