Mini Dozer - Project near complete

/ Mini Dozer - Project near complete
I never totaled the expense of the project. I would estimate $500-700 by the time I was done. The dozer had worked pretty well since I completed it. Currently things are not working but that is due to some problems with the engine. The older Kawasaki engine has been tougher to get parts. First it was the float needle and seat. Now the igniter is shot. Trying to figure if I should just replace it or keep fixing it.

/ Mini Dozer - Project near complete #173  
I never totaled the expense of the project. I would estimate $500-700 by the time I was done. The dozer had worked pretty well since I completed it. Currently things are not working but that is due to some problems with the engine. The older Kawasaki engine has been tougher to get parts. First it was the float needle and seat. Now the igniter is shot. Trying to figure if I should just replace it or keep fixing it.

I think is time to replace if it's costing more down time then running time

/ Mini Dozer - Project near complete #174  
There was a few earlier threads about mini dozers. I am nearing completion of my project. Basically I took a riding mower with a bad rear axle and built a subframe for it. The sub frame consists of the tracks and hydraulic motor mounts. In the tractor frame I mounted a zturn pump/control unit. The first couple test runs seem fine but I have issue with the rear chain drive tension. Basically the chains from the hydraulic motors to the track jump off. Hope to get it solved this weekend. I will post some additional pictures.
I don't know if you completed this project but I used to do a lot of business with a few of the Caterpillar plants including a few excavator plants. If you can scavenge some wheels off an old boat trailer, they might be just the right width to support your treads. They are covered in rubber so the are quiet and combined with the trailer's leaf spring might give you the necessary tension. There often configured in a "H" pattern with 4 wheels and are fairly stout and offer a gap in the middle to clear the chain links. Try a marina, these parts would outlast the trailer's frame, so I'd offer a low sum.