show your homemade splitter pics here

/ show your homemade splitter pics here #161  
splitting red oak

IMG_1939.jpg IMG_1937.jpg IMG_1938.jpg

IMG_1940.jpg IMG_1941.jpg IMG_1942.jpg

IMG_1943.jpg IMG_1947.jpg IMG_1948.jpg

IMG_1949.jpg IMG_1647.jpg

This is a 5 hp electric splitter with 16 gpm log splitter pump and 4.5'' cylinder.

/ show your homemade splitter pics here #162  
Heres a wood splitter I made for a project a few yrs ago that involved
processing 45 eucalyptus trees following removal. the trees varied from 3' - 5' dia at the base and needed to be reduced into "manageable" pieces for further splitting with a regular wood splitter.

The splitter is powered by backhoe hydraulics @ 3600 psi
Ram is 6" x 30", a little math results in 100,000 + lbs of splitting force

Rounds are reduced then picked up and split to desired size over container (this case a 40 yd. roll-off box)
We could fill a box in 20 min and had people lined up to take delivery and pay for trucking cost
Unit is still in operation and working like a champ!

I have a 1988 JD 410C Backhoe and would like to purchase or make one similar to yours that replaces the backhoe bucket with the Ibeam/splitter wedge unit, which looks GREAT!

Question, which hydraulic lines and levers did you set up run the log splitter ram.

My backhoe bucket only has the hydraulic line to curl the backhoe bucket in and out so I am not sure what else I would have to set up in terms of hydraulic lines, valves and hand lever to run the log splitter ram part of it?

Thank you, Pete

Email: 29pineavenue@gmail.com

/ show your homemade splitter pics here #163  
heres mine it was my first attempt at building a loader and rotating grapple works great I have since upgraded the grapple design for the one on my trailer.

Hi, I wanted to ask you where I can purchase a rotating grapple (with supporting hydraulics/valves/hand levers/lines/cylinders) similar to the one you have shown? Thank you,

Email: 29pineavenue@gmail.com

/ show your homemade splitter pics here #165  
P1020664.jpg2014-10-29 04.36.16.jpgthis works well. I may have posted here before, been a while. The conveyor is made from a hay conveyor. Works great putting the wood on the truck.013.jpg

/ show your homemade splitter pics here #166  
Does a splitter build in progess count,

Attachments

• 1210151640.jpg
    1210151640.jpg
    696.2 KB · Views: 719
  • 1214151754.jpg
    1214151754.jpg
    739.3 KB · Views: 873
   / show your homemade splitter pics here #168  
I built this before I was married, 33 years ago from a bunch of junk. I'm waiting for it to break, I've gotten a little older & wiser over the years and a better welder with better tools, and a new build would be fun. The beam is a 8" 18# regular house beam. Not much, and she'll flex on the nasty stuff but still hanging in ther after all those years. I modeled it after a Vermeer that I saw hooked to a truck in a parking lot. Being young & broke?…... . It will go vertical, but I rarely lift it up, maybe once a year if I'm into some big stuff.
The 2 "features" that I will repeat are the tool box, and the knee operated valve. I would also make it horiz. only, and keep the wedge moving. My wood waries and I'm fussy about my split size and don't think I'd be happy with a 4 way. Therefore I don't mind splitting several times. With the wedge moving, your wood stays right in front of you for re- splitting instead of chasing it back off the wedge in a more normal horiz splitter. It also could be that I've been using this splitter soo long that i don't know another way!:laughing:

Attachments

• DSCN3791.JPG
    DSCN3791.JPG
    299.8 KB · Views: 465
  • DSCN3792.JPG
    DSCN3792.JPG
    301.6 KB · Views: 322
  • DSCN3794.JPG
    DSCN3794.JPG
    293.5 KB · Views: 384
   / show your homemade splitter pics here #169  
I am looking to add a four way wedge to my existing splitter to use on ash wood. Last minute shopping had me at Tractor Supply today. They now carry two very small 4-way wedges for their log splitters. The 35 ton model is on sale for 59 dollars. Has anybody used this product with their splitter? Not in the positon to just take a chance. Thanks for your thoughts.

/ show your homemade splitter pics here #170  
Here is my latest mod on my splitter. Apparently, my needs are still growing so I added a lift table and a wing for the really large rounds.

Attachments

• IMG_4763.JPG
    IMG_4763.JPG
    3.7 MB · Views: 291