show your homemade splitter pics here

/ show your homemade splitter pics here #51  
Here is mine I call her (Lickity Split). got the idea to make it after finding this site.
Thanks for all the great ideas and more projects to come:D:D:D:D

splitter.jpg

/ show your homemade splitter pics here #52  
will post some more pics. along with the CREW, my dad,my son and my sister who's taking the pics. the log feeder is chain with welded grab dogs and is hydraulic driven. the saw is hand built using a full tooth/semi chisel 404 harvester chain saw/ bar, the motor is a Parker F11 unit from a tree harvester(used unit that i rebuilt), we had to take the saw guard off due to it binding on larger wood (some thing to fix this winter along with adding the 12 foot conveyor,we ran out of time and didn't install it during the build). the bed is made for 12 foot wood, the largest piece we put into it was about 28 inches across, had some trouble splitting it as it was yellow birch and full of knots. we run a triple section pump unit with 2 sections at 10 gpm (1 for the saw,1 for the splitter) and a 5 gpm for all the cylinders using a 15 hp motor.

Glastron23 you have created quite a machine here. A couple things I've decided.

The first is that I wouldn't want to be the split wood stacker guy. This machine would generate a serious amount of split wood in a short time.

The second is how can you go wrong when it's badged with a Blue Oval!!! :cool:

/ show your homemade splitter pics here #55  
Glastron23 you have created quite a machine here. A couple things I've decided.

The first is that I wouldn't want to be the split wood stacker guy. This machine would generate a serious amount of split wood in a short time.

The second is how can you go wrong when it's badged with a Blue Oval!!! :cool:

First of all... thats what young ones are for.... GRUNT WORK...LOL...
second of all.. GOOD EYES.. not many people see the BLUE OVAL on the unit... after all it IS painted FORD BLUE....

/ show your homemade splitter pics here #56  
Some of you folks have most likely seen this one. I initially built it to run off the pto and it was ok. Now that it is self contained it really puts out the wood. It has about a 7 sec cycle rate and will shear just about anything. I still use the 3pt to move it and when handling large diameter wood it is good to have the stablization of the tractor hooked to it. If you notice the knife, it is in the fashion of a T. This way it splits two pieces off the bottom, leaving the main block in one piece to lower for the next push. Take a couple of pushes, rotate with the tongs and work it on down.

Attachments

• P1020665.jpg
    P1020665.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 1,562
   / show your homemade splitter pics here #57  
here a few pitures of the splitter that I have been creating. I purchased it as a stand alone home made unit and converted it over to three point hitch and ran it off of the hydraulic on my b7510. I was some what happy with it until I changed tractors. When I set up my b3200 with the power beyond It just never realy ran the splitter good. It was faster than the 7510 but had less power. I decided to build it to run off the pto. I used a gear box from a pto generator that no longer made power and adapted it to a hydrualic pump I had laying around. I used love joy couplers. I had to machine the one for the gear box on my chinese lathe to allow it to work on the tapperd shaft. I am much happier with this set up. I do not have a very big cyl. so I made it adjustable so I can split 16" or 24" wood. The one problem I do have is the pto shaft is real short and will come apart if I lower the splitter down so no loading big chunks down low. My last picture shows what I used to move the logs around with.
Rob
sorry if pics are not great I used my cell phone to take them.

Attachments

• 0122101628a.jpg
    0122101628a.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 554
  • 0122101628.jpg
    0122101628.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 581
  • 0122101627a.jpg
    0122101627a.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 570
  • 0122101627.jpg
    0122101627.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 540
  • 0122101628b.jpg
    0122101628b.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 518
  • 0122101628c.jpg
    0122101628c.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 621
  • 0122101629.jpg
    0122101629.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 417
  • 0122101629a.jpg
    0122101629a.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 576
   / show your homemade splitter pics here #59  
Nice work, guys! I don't post much, but I do read a lot of the threads, especially the fabricating/welding forum.

I'm almost finished with my home-made logsplitter; it's been over a year since I started the build. I did the majority of the work at my father-in-law's shop, since he has the better welder, o/a torch, and plasma cutter - not to mention the great work area. It's quite a drive for me to get there - consequently, I missed a lot of chances to work on it.

I hope to post a few pics of the progress here, and in a day or so, I should have the hydraulic routing figured out and maybe I'll give it a test run.

Thanks for the pics - I stole some ideas... :thumbsup:

/ show your homemade splitter pics here #60  
Hello all. I've been a long time lurker around other parts of this site and just ran across this thread, thought I'd share a few pics of my continuing splitter project.

PA100215.jpg

Just after I got it together this fall. Still doesn't have the wedge adjust cylinder on yet.
PA160227.jpg

Fetching a round too big to pick up out of the pile.
P1290267.jpg

After a relaxing afternoon splitting last Saturday.

It's built on 12x12 W beam, 10 hp K series electric start Kohler, yes, it still has points, 22 gpm 2 stage pump, 5 x 30 cylinder, autocycle valve, hydraulic adjustable 4 way wedge, and an electric winch on the hoist with wireless remote. Still need to put a log lift on it. I'm hoping to incorperate it into a processor this summer.