Anybody know how to build a snow pusher box?

/ Anybody know how to build a snow pusher box? #1  

7595brandon

Tractor
2006 John Deere 3320 W/300CX Loader
I was wondering if anybody on here has ever built a snow pusher box for a FEL tractor?

/ Anybody know how to build a snow pusher box? #2  
I haven't but I'm sure someone here has.

I toyed with the idea myself but just chose to get the largest light materials bucket made for my loader which for me is 73". It's a huge improvement over the standard hd bucket, cause it's not only wider but taller and deeper.

First thing that comes to mind right now is how about a used 275 gallon oil tank, cut out leaving the basic shape, reinforce as needed. depending on the size of your tractor it might be a good fit. seems like it would make an easy starting point.

/ Anybody know how to build a snow pusher box?
Yeah that does sound like a good idea, I am trying to get a dang snowplow for my 3320 FEL right now, but cannot find one for the life of me!!!!!

I need a snow plow cheap, and quick to fit my 3320 FEL!!! so i'm juggling the idea of a snow pusher box!

/ Anybody know how to build a snow pusher box? #4  
I used an old fisher plow and added to the ends two sides and some bed frame angles on top and plywood, Then used some flow cutting edge metal to make two "V' shaped brackets that side over the bucket cutting edge. I use two small chains on the corners back loosely to the top of the bucket.
It works great can really build up a load .If your goal is to push mostly forward its a good idea.Some resistance in turning it when it get packed full.

/ Anybody know how to build a snow pusher box? #5  
I was wondering if anybody on here has ever built a snow pusher box for a FEL tractor?

I rigged up a couple of 2X8's bolted to the loader bucket a couple of years ago and it worked fine except I missed the loader for piling the snow.

/ Anybody know how to build a snow pusher box? #6  
I built some wings a few years ago that could be clamped to the sides of my loader and extended out about 24 inches. The idea was to prevent the overflow and have more snow capacity when pushing. It worked pretty well but it also slowed me down because I had to be a bit careful with them. I did not make them out of very sturdy steel. Would probably work well if fashioned out of something heavy.

Thanks for all your replies, if anyone knows of anybody wanting to get rid of a old snow plow, please let me know, i need a plow desperatley! I have looked everywhere!

/ Anybody know how to build a snow pusher box? #8  
Thanks for all your replies, if anyone knows of anybody wanting to get rid of a old snow plow, please let me know, i need a plow desperatley! I have looked everywhere!

List your location in your profile, there may well be a member in or near your area who knows of a plow for sale cheap.
I know that just down the road from me there is what appears to be complete Fisher plow assembly sitting on a snowmobile trailer by the edge of the road for sale.
We can't help you locate one if we don't know where you are.

/ Anybody know how to build a snow pusher box? #9  
Also maybe check your smaller auto repair garages, They might have had a reck of one and stil ahve the plow itself settin out back.

I got my info updated now, thanks for your help, I must of missed that part when I signed up for this forum.

Yeah if you know of anyone that wants to sell a plow cheap! let me know, I don't have alot of money to work with but let me know, I could sure use the help.