Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Modify snow plow for tractor.

I have an old Fisher plow blade that I attached to my bucket (NH TC30) and it is manual angle. I have a 300' driveway and parking area. I also plow a couple of neighbors. I have to hop off and angle once to maybe 3 times when I plow depending on how much snow there is. I don't find it to be that much of a hassle. If I can find another setup cheap enough with an electric/hydraulic setup I might rig something up but it is nothing I would spend a lot of money to do.

Elite Member
    Tractor
    MT180D

I have a homemade 6" plow that is manually angled to the right only.
    I use it mainly to gather the snow to the center for blower passes as my blower is rear mounted and my top speed is about 7MPH on my manual gearbox tractor.

While it would spoil me to have hydraulic angle, I really don't find it to be a problem as it takes mere seconds to swing it manually.
    It does mean that I have to leave the nice cozy heated cab!

Tractor
    Kubota L3540HST-1

Quote Originally Posted by wedge40 View Post
    Found an OLD snow plow on CL. It doesn't have hydraulics to change direction only pins. How difficult would be to add the cylinders? Or do I really need to worry that much about it? Do users change the plow angle much when in use?

Wedge
    Wedge,

Any pics of how you hooked up the OLD snow plow to your FEL? Would love to see this as I am considering the same.

Thomas (aka Kabota Tee)

Tractor
    Kubota BX2660, Cubs O, 71, 1641,2182&1782

I took a 7' Meyers, cut it down to 67", modified the A frame and made a mounting plate to bolt to the front of the frame on my BX2660. I use the FEL to lift it and the bucket hydraulics to swing it. Also since the skin was rotted I bolted a 1/4" thick HDPE poly face on it. One pin, the lift chain and 2 quick connections and it ready to plow. Only takes a couple minutes to hook up and the FEL stays on the tractor. It works great.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -snow-plow-01-jpg   -snow-plow-03-jpg   -snow-plow-05-jpg   -snow-plow-06-jpg  

Bronze Member

I used a plow without power angling for about ten years (on an old Dodge 4x4), finally getting a power angle setup two years ago.

You'll do the same job in about half the time, and you could probably plow barefoot (in a truck, and not that you'd really want to ).

Quote Originally Posted by towmotor View Post
    I used a plow without power angling for about ten years (on an old Dodge 4x4), finally getting a power angle setup two years ago.

You'll do the same job in about half the time, and you could probably plow barefoot (in a truck, and not that you'd really want to ).
    I plow shoeless. Does that count?
    "If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking." George Patton

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12