Bronze Member
    Tractor
    1992 Kubota L3450

Default Punch Home & Landscape Design Pro Question

In the first stages of Home designing for a build in the coming summer as such have begun looking at software .
    Settled on Punch , as we're on a dialup connection am wondering how much online time is necessary to get full use of the program .

For instance is an internet connection needed for shopping and or program support only ?

Tractor
    Kubota MX5100

Default Re: Punch Home & Landscape Design Pro Question

i bought the punch pro. . . or what ever was the better version. cost ether 150 or 200. I didn't like it at all. i played with it for about a week and put it back in the box. I bought an old copy of autocad LT (2000 version) from a friend and haven't been happier.

Tractor
    NH TC40DA

I have the same software, I have never needed to use the internet for anything, however i'm sure there are updates and upgrades available. I've used it to design 4 different buildings that have all been built, for a cheap program i'm amazed how well it works. Takes a little practice!!! have fun.

Tractor
    Kubota L3430HSTC

You don't need/ use an internet connection to use the program. There is quite a learning curve, though, and the more details that are added to your plan, the longer it takes to refresh, or update. A lot of great features.
    Why not Minot? Freezin's the reason.

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    1992 Kubota L3450

Thanks for the information , much appreciated !

Lee

Tractor
    PowerTrac 1850

IMO, this program is marginal at best. Generally very buggy, requiring constant updates. Might I suggest Google Sketchup? Free, learning curve is a lot less, and the program is nearly as powerful (probably more so but I am not that skilled).
    Power-Trac 1850, grapple, hoe, 90" mower, 72" box blade