Cattail Killer, or how to clean up around the pond?

/ Cattail Killer, or how to clean up around the pond? #71  
I also installed bat house near the pond. I see bats flying around but the bat house is not occupied. I used DNR plans and placement direction. What is the secret?

I used bat droppings from another site and smeared it on the bat house when I made it. The house also should be in nice warm area{painted mine black, outside only} and make sure no other critters are messing with it. I have to redo mine before next season. I had to move it out of the way so I could dig out an unwanted bank at the pond. It may take them some time{year or more???} to figure the house you made is for them.

/ Cattail Killer, or how to clean up around the pond? #72  
Relaqbr: I hear you loud and clear on the chemical abuse. I am wanting to get a hive or 2 of bees and am concerned what will happen. When I was a young boy I would help our neighbor with his bees. He'd give us kids the small combs dripping with fresh honey, BEST CANDY EVER!

/ Cattail Killer, or how to clean up around the pond? #73  
Dave1949; I like your thinking on dragonflys. I love having them around, watch them kill nasty bugs all the time. I also have bat houses, but because of a new disease they have been fading :(

I tried a bat house several years ago, never hosted any bats. Don't know where to look for bat doo doo. :) I see a few around here in summer just after dark. I think they might live in the neighbors old barn/garage and come to our clearing to feed.

You just have to like dragonflies.:)
Dave.

/ Cattail Killer, or how to clean up around the pond? #74  
I would use Muskrats but I am in Florida so I will need to get retired Muskrats, or Snowrats. They would only be eating seasonally.

/ Cattail Killer, or how to clean up around the pond? #75  
Muskrats in a pond is a horrible idea, just ask anyone that has had to deal with the little no good for nothing bank destroyers.

/ Cattail Killer, or how to clean up around the pond? #76  
Muskrats in a pond is a horrible idea, just ask anyone that has had to deal with the little no good for nothing bank destroyers.

Ditto that ... they can destroy a pond faster than Justin Bieber can destroy a song!

/ Cattail Killer, or how to clean up around the pond? #77